Page 1 of 678 1231151101501 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 6775

Thread: What Are You Playing?

  1. #1
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,386

    What Are You Playing?

    What is everyone playing lately? Here's what I've been working on.

    Crystalis (NES): Haven't played this one for ~20 years. I am about halfway through the game since yesterday.
    Infinite Space (DS): Over 50 hours into this so far. Really incredible game that deserved a better release from SEGA.
    Attack of the Friday Monsters (3DS): Playing this with my son and we just finished the main part of the game. It's surprisingly fun, albeit very short. I'd love to see more games from this Millennium Kitchen make it to the US.
    Shadow Hearts (PS2): About halfway through this game but put it down to play Drakengard a few weeks ago.
    Drakengard (PS2): technically I just finished this one about two weeks ago, getting all endings except for the last. I'm not going to waste my time collecting all of the weapons for it. Moving on to the second game shortly.
    Xenosaga II (PS2): I like it better than the terrible first game but I'm mainly trying to bust through it to get to the third game. I like the battle system in spite of all of the whiny reviews where people don't seem to be able to figure it out.
    Persona 2 Innocent Sin (PSP): About 3/4 of the way through this one but it's taken a backseat to Infinite Space when I'm on the go.
    Actraiser (SNES): At the last area of this game.

    Next on the list.

    Alundra (PS1): Need to finish a playthrough of this.
    Rogue Galaxy (PS2): I put this down years ago in the final area and need to pick it back up to finish.
    Resonance of Fate (360): Got burnt out on collecting tiles in a certain space. This is a game that I need to finish soon.


    At the top of the Play queue:

    Drakengard 3 (PS3): Coming soon.
    7th Saga (SNES): I'm a glutton for punishment, or else I have 20 years of revenge to take out on this game. Used to play this with friends and we never beat it, since it's so grind-heavy.
    Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (PSP): I have the original but never played much of it. I'll take this one on the go after finishing Perrsona 2.
    Phantasy Star 2 (Genesis): Need to play these Genesis RPGs. I can't wait to get to the fourth game.
    Sleeping Dogs (360): I suppose it's the closest thing to Shenmue 3.

    The list goes on.

  2. #2
    Senior Member storino03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Posts
    8,066
    Just beat Tales of Symphonia (PS3 Chronicles) and am currently playing through Dawn of the New World. Already beat it on the Wii, but a second playthrough is going to be nice.

    That's really the only game I'm playing at the moment, though I have others that I started. I try to focus on one or else I never finish any in a timely manner.

  3. #3
    Senior Member ramzastrife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    3,001
    Notation added to indicate emulation or original hardware.

    Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes (TG): Voice Acting is legendarily bad, and it is fairly grindy. emu
    Vay (SCD): VA work is not as bad as ^, and it isn't quite as grindy, but they are pretty similar games imo. emu
    Shining Force CD (SCD): Finished the Sword of Hayja, and started part 2. emu
    Albert Odyssey (Sat): The script is definitely interesting on this one. ori
    Shining Force III Part 1 (Sat): Not moving very fast, my SRPG mood has been on the non-existant side lately. ori
    Final Fantasy VI (GBA): Will likely play this more when (if) the Retron 5 ever makes it. ori
    South Park: The Stick of Truth (360): Diablo 3 RoS took me away from this a bit. ori
    Diablo III Reaper of Souls (PC): Many, many hours into the lootfest. ori

    On deck:

    Cosmic Fantasy 2 (TG): Just watching the intro I can tell the VA is better the DS: LOH. emu
    Lost Odyssey (360): Great game that I wandered away from. ori
    Grandia (PSX): Wandered away, need to finish. ori
    Suikoden (PSX): Beaten several times, but feeling dat itch. ori
    Valkyrie Profile (PSX/PSP): VP was the only game I ever traded in/sold, just reaquired. Gotta see what I didn't like about it originally. ori

    Not out yet, but top of list If released:

    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC (PSP/PC): Dunno which version, but it will be tops if it ever gets released. Currently in development hell because they cant get the Trails FC engine to run correctly.
    Gaijinworks mystery psp title (FEoE): BELIEVE!
    Pier Solar (DC): Another if here. Another game that seems to be stuck in development hell.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

  4. #4
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,386
    Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    Dragon Slayer: The Legend of Heroes (TG): Voice Acting is legendarily bad, and it is fairly grindy. emu.
    "A fine marnin' to ya mi'lard!"

    Worst VA ever.

    Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    Cosmic Fantasy 2 (TG): Just watching the intro I can tell the VA is better the DS: LOH. emu
    The third and fourth (especially) games are pretty radical improvements from what I've played of both. Quite decent 16-bit RPGs.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    What is everyone playing lately? Here's what I've been working on.

    Crystalis (NES): Haven't played this one for ~20 years. I am about halfway through the game since yesterday.
    Infinite Space (DS): Over 50 hours into this so far. Really incredible game that deserved a better release from SEGA.
    Attack of the Friday Monsters (3DS): Playing this with my son and we just finished the main part of the game. It's surprisingly fun, albeit very short. I'd love to see more games from this Millennium Kitchen make it to the US.
    Shadow Hearts (PS2): About halfway through this game but put it down to play Drakengard a few weeks ago.
    Drakengard (PS2): technically I just finished this one about two weeks ago, getting all endings except for the last. I'm not going to waste my time collecting all of the weapons for it. Moving on to the second game shortly.
    Xenosaga II (PS2): I like it better than the terrible first game but I'm mainly trying to bust through it to get to the third game. I like the battle system in spite of all of the whiny reviews where people don't seem to be able to figure it out.
    Persona 2 Innocent Sin (PSP): About 3/4 of the way through this one but it's taken a backseat to Infinite Space when I'm on the go.
    Actraiser (SNES): At the last area of this game.

    Next on the list.

    Alundra (PS1): Need to finish a playthrough of this.
    Rogue Galaxy (PS2): I put this down years ago in the final area and need to pick it back up to finish.
    Resonance of Fate (360): Got burnt out on collecting tiles in a certain space. This is a game that I need to finish soon.


    At the top of the Play queue:

    Drakengard 3 (PS3): Coming soon.
    7th Saga (SNES): I'm a glutton for punishment, or else I have 20 years of revenge to take out on this game. Used to play this with friends and we never beat it, since it's so grind-heavy.
    Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth (PSP): I have the original but never played much of it. I'll take this one on the go after finishing Perrsona 2.
    Phantasy Star 2 (Genesis): Need to play these Genesis RPGs. I can't wait to get to the fourth game.
    Sleeping Dogs (360): I suppose it's the closest thing to Shenmue 3.

    The list goes on.
    Seems inevitable that such a thread be made. People think the battle system is hard to figure out for any of those games?

    Age of Empires - Around a 1/3 of the way, I tossed this to the back in favor of Winter Assault and SC.
    Alundra - Around halfway through, again, I need to finally finish it at some point .
    Brood War -Around halfway through.
    MechCommander - Near the start of the game, I keep meaning to dedicate some time to it and finish but haven't gotten to it yet.
    PS: Torment - Very near the end, I was going to finish it a few weeks ago but I need to do so on my other PC.

    Planning on playing:
    Winter of the Wolf
    BG/IWD/NWN/2 - All of these for the umpteenth time.
    HoMM 1 - 5

  6. #6
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,899
    The main games I have been playing lately.

    Pokemon - multiple versions (DS)
    Killzone Liberation (PSP)
    Patchwork Heroes (PSP)
    Civilization Revolution (360) Have the physical for PS3 and played it a lot.
    Forza 4 (360)
    Assassin's Creed 2 (360)

    I have dabbled in other games from time to time.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,273
    In terms of single player

    Lunar TSS - Pretty much just this right now, though I haven't been at it during the weekend so the last time I played was Friday night. I'm at the point where you know Ghaleon is evil.

    Single player games I've stalled at some point in the last year

    Magic Knight Rayearth - don't remember why
    Dragon Warrior VII - it's just so slow, though I will get back to it at some point

    Pretty sure just those two and I beat everything else that I started.

    PC games that I play frequently on multi-player
    Unreal Tournament 2004
    Homeworld 2
    Kohan Ahriman's Gift
    Warcraft 3
    Dawn of War
    Sins of a Solar Empire Rebellion
    Heroes of Might and Magic V Tribes of the East
    Last edited by Gypsy; 04-20-2014 at 11:17 PM.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  8. #8
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,386
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    Dragon Warrior VII - it's just so slow, though I will get back to it at some point
    I remember seeing this back when it was released and I couldn't believe that it was a modern game at the time. Seemed like it came out of the dark ages.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Just beat Tales of Symphonia (PS3 Chronicles) and am currently playing through Dawn of the New World. Already beat it on the Wii, but a second playthrough is going to be nice.

    That's really the only game I'm playing at the moment, though I have others that I started. I try to focus on one or else I never finish any in a timely manner.
    A lot of people bad talk Dawn of the New World. I was going to get it for Wii at some point, but I have Chronicles now anyways. Is it really that bad, or is it just internet sour grapes (as is often the case)

    My List:

    PS3- Remember Me- Not an RPG but a pretty cool game. I'm kind of taking a console RPG break for a bit. I think I might play Hitman Absolution and/or Borderlands 2 next, then move back to RPGs by the end of the month (Symphonia and FFX collections, along with playing the 2nd half of Kingdom Hearts HD Remix)

    PSP- Just finished Hexyz Force. It seemed like I was playing this FOREVER. Next game will likely be Growlanser (the most recent one, forget the subtitle), but I usually only do handheld game at a time.

    DS- Pokemon Conquest. My first real crack at a Pokemon game. So far it is good, but I am just getting into it after beating Hexyz.

    Mobile- Alphadia 1. Very old school, somewhat generic, but really, they could make 100 games like this and I could probably never really tire of it. So it's a fun little diversion when I can get around to it. Thinking of possibly doing Chaos Rings next.

  10. #10
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,386
    Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    A lot of people bad talk Dawn of the New World. I was going to get it for Wii at some point, but I have Chronicles now anyways. Is it really that bad, or is it just internet sour grapes (as is often the case)
    It's not bad. It's just not quite a worthy sequel to one of the more beloved Tales games.

    That said, it's a good game on its own in spite of several deficiencies. It's got good characters and the battles are pretty fun. The boring monster training and the lack of a world map were its biggest problems for me.

Page 1 of 678 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •