Page 514 of 691 FirstFirst ... 14414464504512513514515516524564614 ... LastLast
Results 5,131 to 5,140 of 6907

Thread: What Are You Playing?

If you don't mess with the post game they are honestly pretty short. 25-40 hours is probably about the range I'd put on them. Now if you WANT to screw around and do post game crap then yes it makes P5 look like a 90s era platformer that takes like an hour. XD
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    If you don't mess with the post game they are honestly pretty short. 25-40 hours is probably about the range I'd put on them. Now if you WANT to screw around and do post game crap then yes it makes P5 look like a 90s era platformer that takes like an hour. XD
    All of the optional stuff in 5 (not even counting the DLC) looks really addicting. There seems to be no end to the leveling up of just about everything. Disgaea: crack cocaine for those who like grinding?

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Grinding in Disgaea is akin to gaining 10 levels a fight in a game like FF or Persona. You can also turn off animations and increase the speed of everything (to the point of almost being instantaneous).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Reincarnating was beneficial and simple so I don't get what's not to like about it. No hokey job system made for a nice separation between Disgaea and other SRPGs :\.

Sounds like my 3>=D2>Others ranking is going to continue.
    You still can do that. You just gain mastery by using the character, so not that different than just level grinding. It's not like they removed reincarnation.

Grinding in Disgaea is akin to gaining 10 levels a fight in a game like FF or Persona. You can also turn off animations and increase the speed of everything (to the point of almost being instantaneous).
    It seems it might avoid the tedious aspects of grinding that most people see as outdated/not enjoyable/padding. I don't mind either way, but some games overdo it and can be somewhat annoying as a result (even though I have a high tolerance for such things). However, it would be nice to have options to beat games quicker and have more time for other games, so that seems appealing.

Yeah you can grind to your heart's content in any of them pretty much. The first game has the least post game content.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by mandy_moorehol View Post
    It seems it might avoid the tedious aspects of grinding that most people see as outdated/not enjoyable/padding. I don't mind either way, but some games overdo it and can be somewhat annoying as a result (even though I have a high tolerance for such things). However, it would be nice to have options to beat games quicker and have more time for other games, so that seems appealing.
    Once you get past the first two games it's very refined. Disgaea 3, 4, and D2 all have stages specifically for grinding if I remember right and the item world gets progressively better (smaller/faster).

Once you get past the first two games it's very refined. Disgaea 3, 4, and D2 all have stages specifically for grinding if I remember right and the item world gets progressively better (smaller/faster).
    Disgaea 1 & 2 have stages just for level grinding as well. Other elements of the games in 3+ have made it easier to level quickly. Hell, if you do all the things right, you can actually level a character from 1-9999 in a single fight.

Super Bomberman R down! i should really tie up Rise of the Dragon now, it's not even a long game

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    Super Bomberman R down! i should really tie up Rise of the Dragon now, it's not even a long game
    Is Rise of the Dragon the prequel to Trial of the Dragon?