Page 145 of 687 FirstFirst ... 4595135143144145146147155195245645 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,450 of 6869

Thread: What Are You Playing?

Beat Sonic: Lost World U and I gotta say I thought it was pretty good. The controls felt much better than in the not so good 3DS game and some of the level design is absolutely excellent. There are some sections in certain levels where the controls don't work perfectly though and these can become pretty frustrating. Overall, it looks great and is fun to play. The story was pretty bad but that out of place emo kid amused me. Good game but a little bit short of greatness. Sonic Boom U deserved the bashing but not this one, at least not the Wii U game.

I downloaded Child of Light PC, so going to start that tomorrow.

Just finished the last case of Ace Attorney Dual Destinies. Beating the game with no FAQs took me about three weeks, a week just to beat the last case (two extremely convoluted murder plots worsened by the fact that the killer is a psycho who feels no fear, thus he escaped the scene in a extremely unpractical, unbelievable way).

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I downloaded Child of Light PC, so going to start that tomorrow.
    NICE! One of my favorite recent gaming experiences. I'm excited to hear your thoughts on it. I don't think it is perfect by any means, but I definitely had a great time with it.

I guess I haven't contributed to this thread much, probably because I haven't been playing much. Kinda gave up on Valkyrie Profile 2: Lenneth. I enjoyed it, but it didn't quite age well for me and I wanted to move on to other things. I can see it being a 7 or 8 for its time, but probably a more modern 5. Found the battles to be quite unbalanced as well. I moved on to Final Fantasy X HD. I absolutely forgot almost everything about this game save some of the main characters. So it is almost like playing it through again. The game is gorgeous, visuals and music and backdrops. Wow. I don't remember feeling this awed by it the first time around, but as I said I don't remember much. I never put X near the top of my favorite FF games, but I am feeling much better about it now. Too early to give a number, but I plan on giving it close to a 100% type playthrough.

Portable wise, Super Robot Taisen OG Saga is my game. Masterpiece from Monolith, as could be expected. I just got the 5th character, and even though i knew it was coming- it is still really, really freaking cool. Monolith is just so good at what they do. This game doesn't break any boundaries or anything, is just a real solid game. I'm not blind, I know some of the battles can be a bit tedious and long, and I know the overworld visuals are pretty weak. I expect that a bit given their DS history with the Dragon Ball game and the Action RPG that was never released here. Those games, and this one, had good battle/cut graphics and weaker overworld graphics. I'm willing to take that balance given the system limitations. Probably right now an 8/10. Anyone else play this game?

As far as the graphics go, it is on GBA so I'm willing to cut it some slack. Too bad we didn't get the PS2 release. I played and loved both OGs on GBA. They are some of my favourite Japanese games, period. I wish more of the series could be brought over but blablabla greed blablabla licenses.

I'm playing Arc the Lad again. I will get Choko this time. I will get Choko this time. I will get Choko this time. I will get Choko this time. I will get Choko this time. I will get Choko this time. I will get Choko this time. I will get Choko this time. I will get Choko this time. I will get Choko this time. I will get Choko this time. I will get Choko this time.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

OG Saga is on DS. Was it a remake of a GBA release?

Child of Light is pretty cool. The turn-based battles can be hard at first, trying to juggle between slowing enemies down and managing the magic levels.

Completely different game. EF is more of a traditional rpg. OGs are just an original story with SRW gameplay.

I just played through the opening mission of Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (PS3 version). It oozes low budget, but could be interesting story wise. I don't care much for the battle system if it's going to be throughout the entire game like it was in the first fight.

Yeah I couldn't see myself paying full price for that one.

Finally got a Vita, start playing Book of Memories. It of course suffers from handheld itis. Its still an okay game, and quick way to pass time, but its not really silent hill. And this is why I tend to avoid handhelds, at least when it comes to AAA franchises, because they tend to completely bastardize the spirit of the franchise, ie take a horror game and make it a dungeon crawler.