Page 146 of 689 FirstFirst ... 4696136144145146147148156196246646 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,460 of 6887

Thread: What Are You Playing?

I like handhelds overall but honestly from what I've played I'd have to agree that a lot of the times AAA series have weak handheld entries. The following series all had, imo, weak handheld entries: Uncharted, Resistance, God of War, Parasite Eve, Syphon Filter. I'm forgetting a bunch as well. The PSP had a lot in particular. Some things just don't translate well. Whereas things like Castlevania and SRW are great on handhelds and feel right at home on them.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

I actually like Golden Abyss quite a lot. I also enjoyed Chains of Olympus (haven't played Ghosts of Sparta yet).

Zelda games are also don't necessarily disappoint on handhelds.

I guess it really depends on which studio handles the handheld version/entry.

Link's Awakening is pretty awesome. Same goes for The Minish Cap.

Nintendo has complete handheld mastery.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Nintendo has complete handheld mastery.
    You can tell Sony didn't observe history when they planned the PSP. I'm pretty sure any handheld that didn't say Tiger on it had superior specs to Nintendo's handhelds but they never came close. Though I admit I would've wanted a Game Gear if it wasn't a battery eater.

Meanwhile, the Vita is a withered flower by first party Sony game standards.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    OG Saga is on DS. Was it a remake of a GBA release?

Child of Light is pretty cool. The turn-based battles can be hard at first, trying to juggle between slowing enemies down and managing the magic levels.
    I meant the DS game. Didn't give the full title. My bad.

I loved those battle sequences. Reminded me a lot of Grandia's battles, which is a very good thing. Glad you are enjoying it!

The PSP started with the bad idea of being a "pocket PS1.5". While there were a few unique games, it was pretty evident that they tried to bring the console experience straight to the portable. Then there was the UMD, that was quite taxing on the battery and often would cause huge loading times - a huge point down in a portable. Eventually it got better when they started to focus on games that didn't have space on the home consoles. The Vita is slowly getting better, but in the beginning it was doing exactly like the PSP did: trying to shove on downgraded ports and gaiden games of console series.

My first portable was a Game Boy Color, and I saw exactly one Game Gear in all my life - a friend of mine had it. I remember trying to play Sonic Chaos on it, but it was pretty bad, borderline unplayable if you played a Mega Drive Sonic game before.

Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    I meant the DS game. Didn't give the full title. My bad.

I loved those battle sequences. Reminded me a lot of Grandia's battles, which is a very good thing. Glad you are enjoying it!
    Yeah I'm getting the hang of the battles now. Didn't realize about finding characters and all that, so now I have like 4 characters and am at Chapter 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Azelstan View Post
    The PSP started with the bad idea of being a "pocket PS1.5". While there were a few unique games, it was pretty evident that they tried to bring the console experience straight to the portable. Then there was the UMD, that was quite taxing on the battery and often would cause huge loading times - a huge point down in a portable. Eventually it got better when they started to focus on games that didn't have space on the home consoles. The Vita is slowly getting better, but in the beginning it was doing exactly like the PSP did: trying to shove on downgraded ports and gaiden games of console series.

My first portable was a Game Boy Color, and I saw exactly one Game Gear in all my life - a friend of mine had it. I remember trying to play Sonic Chaos on it, but it was pretty bad, borderline unplayable if you played a Mega Drive Sonic game before.
    When I got my PSP 2000 in 2008 (2000 in 2008!?) I almost immediately put CFW on it so that I didn't have to deal with the UMD wear and slow loading times.