Page 156 of 689 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256656 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 6888

Thread: What Are You Playing?

Lol bandit it's all good.

@eric: The first three Arc games are all pretty good. After that it's woof city though.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by ErickRPG View Post
    dozens upon dozens of good games I never beat which is why I buy fewer new games. I need to actually experience these great games.
    I'm kind of trying to do the same but I end up either finding good deals on games I can't pass up on or find games which might get rare to find physical copies of down the line. My backlog is at least growing at a slower pace than last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Lol bandit it's all good.

@eric: The first three Arc games are all pretty good. After that it's woof city though.
    I have a save file on the PSN version on PSPgo. I plan to play 2 and 3. But as far as the rest, I generally agree but I DO like Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits. I just find the characters likeable and I like the free movement sRPG style. Good music too. But it is average, but still good.

Quote Originally Posted by INKU4884 View Post
    I'm kind of trying to do the same but I end up either finding good deals on games I can't pass up on or find games which might get rare to find physical copies of down the line. My backlog is at least growing at a slower pace than last year.
    I'm working actually shaving the backlog. That's my plan for gaming. I want to beat all the games I consider great RPGs. So I find myself shaving more and more games off my new release list. Which is great. If it's a game that gets rare, who cares. Because if I really really wanted it, I would have bought it on day one in the first place. In other words, I won't have any second thoughts about skipping the games I skip.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost

Any way, I actually continued a 3 year old save file of Final Fantasy IV for PSP. One of the reasons I want to beat is I love that game, have beaten it many times. And I kinda want to see what all of Rydia's summons look like since they redid the 2D art and spells.
    I still can't wait to play this. A beautiful remake of one of my favorite games, and it looks like they got just about everything right. I've probably played through it a dozen times in some iteration or another. Never gets old to me.

My old SNES saves from ~23 years ago were still good when I checked recently. (Old school).
    Last edited by zborgerd; 05-23-2015 at 03:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I still can't wait to play this. A beautiful remake of one of my favorite games, and it looks like they got just about everything right. I've probably played through it a dozen times in some iteration or another. Never gets old to me.

My old SNES saves from ~23 years ago were still good when I checked recently. (Old school).
    I've also played it dozens of times. Probably because it's great, and the first true story RPG I ever owned. The knowledge my old cart saves would not stay with me is one reason I sold my cart based consoles. I mean I had most of them. Dragon View, Inindo, Tecmo Secret of the Stars, Paladin's Quest. If I had to chose again I'd just keep the games as a display. Can't go back. But I do plan to beat all of the games I still own. Which is plenty, and more than enough to last me a very long time.
    Last edited by ErickRPG; 05-23-2015 at 03:49 AM.

Tried Lagrange Point and been playing Lunar Walking School. Hehe LP is pretty sweet, the anime pixel art is pretty good for the NES. It apes both Phantasy Star 1 & 2 but it's got it's own personality, I dig the zero g dungeons. Later tonight I want to play PS II, because I feel like it :P (pretty sure I'll just go at it for 20mins for nostalgia sake though I would love to play through it again at some point.)

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    I meant WD. (I'll quit posting now. :P)
    *pours cup of hot chocolate* there there.

I've also played it dozens of times. Probably because it's great, and the first true story RPG I ever owned. The knowledge my old cart saves would not stay with me is one reason I sold my cart based consoles. I mean I had most of them. Dragon View, Inindo, Tecmo Secret of the Stars, Paladin's Quest. If I had to chose again I'd just keep the games as a display. Can't go back. But I do plan to beat all of the games I still own. Which is plenty, and more than enough to last me a very long time.
    The save thing doesn't bother me much anymore. When the battery finally fails after about 30 years, I'll just replace it. The NES batteries probably can last a lifetime. Some estimates I've seen indicate that the batteries will last around 70 years in NES carts. I know that none of mine have ever died yet.

Game Boy / Color, on the other hand. Many of those things last no more than about 15 years. Pokemon battery replacement is a pretty common thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Tried Lagrange Point and been playing Lunar Walking School. Hehe LP is pretty sweet, the anime pixel art is pretty good for the NES. It apes both Phantasy Star 1 & 2 but it's got it's own personality, I dig the zero g dungeons. Later tonight I want to play PS II, because I feel like it :P (pretty sure I'll just go at it for 20mins for nostalgia sake though I would love to play through it again at some point.)

*pours cup of hot chocolate* there there.
    I've played about 15 minutes of La Grange Point just to hear to music. I intend to pick it up one of these days.

I recently acquired Arc the Lad collection in quite good condition and started the first game. The music already is making me want to play more and more