Page 556 of 690 FirstFirst ... 56456506546554555556557558566606656 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,560 of 6894

Thread: What Are You Playing?

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    lol. I'm just surprised that all Switch games are struggling with performance issues and whatnot. It was just released March 2017! This shouldn't be happening. Did Nintendo rush it (and its games) to market?

Anyways, on Chapter 3 of XBC 2 (Xenoblade Chronicles 2). GREAT game. I recommend TV mode, as you can see more details.
    It's a mobile platform. You can't make a game for a tablet and expect it to run like a typical console, let alone a high-end PC. It's really no different than the lesser performance of Vita games vs PS3 / PS4. The hardware is a balance of performance and energy.

But, yeah, it still seems to still need some performance refinements. Like any machine, it's going to take some time.

ShintoCetra
    Cosmic Star Heroine mostly.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    It's a mobile platform. You can't make a game for a tablet and expect it to run like a typical console, let alone a high-end PC. It's really no different than the lesser performance of Vita games vs PS3 / PS4. The hardware is a balance of performance and energy.

But, yeah, it still seems to still need some performance refinements. Like any machine, it's going to take some time.
    Nothing stopping them from opting for performance over whatever it is they aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Nothing stopping them from opting for performance over whatever it is they aim for.
    Portability?

You could always get a gas generator or nautical battery for your PeeSea and take it with you.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Portability?

You could always get a gas generator or nautical battery for your PeeSea and take it with you.
    That shouldn't be a concern in docked mode.

I wonder if some Switch games will be "docked mode optimized/preferred" where it's to the point, portable mode with a game will be seriously borked ? Thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    That shouldn't be a concern in docked mode.
    ARM architecture isn't really up on the core throttling / halting like Intel is. In some ways, Intel might have been a better option for a portable unit that utilizes this technology in the same way that a laptop CPU will use dynamic frequency scaling / SpeedStep or similar. I think though that the ARM choice was more of a decision for improved future interations.

The GPUs are another story though. I think that Nintendo is playing mostly with reducing GPU processing load.

The biggest issue is just a lack of optimization. Lots of sloppy Intel ports now that load the hardware down.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I wonder if some Switch games will be "docked mode optimized/preferred" where it's to the point, portable mode with a game will be seriously borked ? Thoughts!
    4k while docked and reverts to 8 bit mode while portable (akin to the VMUs style games)
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Well, what about a dedicated GPU dock in the future? But then that would make the Switch tethered to that for the sake of better graphics/performance, than on the go.

I should add that ARM A73 is supposed to address some of these things though, aimed at more performance for certain types of mobile applications that need to compete more with desktop offerings.