Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 1296

Thread: Turbo Grafx 16

  1. #21
    Senior Member ramzastrife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Other have mentioned Cotton, and it is super duper fun.

    Totally go for the JP version instead of the US. There is a language select in the JP version which allows you to play the whole game in English, so you're basically just paying a premium for the US version if you want a translated manual and disc are that doesn't say PC Engine on it.

    Vic, I hope you sold that Magical Chase in the last year or so instead of further back. Right now it's like a $5000+ game if it's complete with the box. It blows my mind. I'll stick the the pirate US cart I had made awhile back instead, and keep the extra money to upgrade my house or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    Wow. And it's only mint. I wonder how much they would be asking for a new copy if they had it.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Magical-Chas...item48642f46c6
    DAFUQ? That is absolutely insane.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

  2. #22
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,273
    Somewhere well before that price point is where I draw the line with video games...
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  3. #23
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Other have mentioned Cotton, and it is super duper fun.

    Totally go for the JP version instead of the US. There is a language select in the JP version which allows you to play the whole game in English, so you're basically just paying a premium for the US version if you want a translated manual and disc are that doesn't say PC Engine on it.

    Vic, I hope you sold that Magical Chase in the last year or so instead of further back. Right now it's like a $5000+ game if it's complete with the box. It blows my mind. I'll stick the the pirate US cart I had made awhile back instead, and keep the extra money to upgrade my house or something.
    Yeah, $5k was my "magical" number. Once I realized what that single game was going for with the original stuff, it was sold. The crazy thing is, I got that copy on a visit to TTi, straight from the case they just got from the factory. They offered as many as I wanted, but I only took one. Hindsight: It can be painful.

  4. #24
    Senior Member storino03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Posts
    8,066
    Yeah well before I had a tg16 and just heard rumblings of such a console, I always knew that magical chase was a sought after game.

  5. #25
    Guest
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    outside the garden
    Posts
    705
    Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    DAFUQ? That is absolutely insane.
    that's an ebay price gouger. ebay may be the best place to find turbo games, but the worst with prices. He and many others like him are why collecting Turbo games *s*u*c*k*s*. Most of those guys want to rob collectors.
    if he were auctioning his Magical Chase, the final price would be roughly half that at the very least.
    spoilers: Magical Chase isn't even that good.

    for the price that guy wants for his copy, I could buy a LE Wizard of Oz pin and have almost enough left over to buy a hyperspin (which would have Magical Chase on it. along with every other Turbo & PCE Hu-card game)

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Up Above, Down Below
    Posts
    1,913
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    that's an ebay price gouger. ebay may be the best place to find turbo games, but the worst with prices. He and many others like him are why collecting Turbo games *s*u*c*k*s*. Most of those guys want to rob collectors.
    if he were auctioning his Magical Chase, the final price would be roughly half that at the very least.
    spoilers: Magical Chase isn't even that good.

    for the price that guy wants for his copy, I could buy a LE Wizard of Oz pin and have almost enough left over to buy a hyperspin (which would have Magical Chase on it. along with every other Turbo & PCE Hu-card game)
    seeing the price, it's obvious the owner didn't put it up with the intention of selling it, looks like he's trying to irritate anyone who may be after a copy of that game

  7. #27
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    seeing the price, it's obvious the owner didn't put it up with the intention of selling it, looks like he's trying to irritate anyone who may be after a copy of that game
    It's double the high side of the going rate. Can't imagine he intends to really sell it.

  8. #28
    Senior Member storino03's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Lake Michigan
    Posts
    8,066
    Are there any technical differences between Magical Chase on Hucard and CD? I think it was released on CD/Hucard in Japan. Like is the music or gameplay smoother on CD?

  9. #29
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,358
    Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Are there any technical differences between Magical Chase on Hucard and CD? I think it was released on CD/Hucard in Japan. Like is the music or gameplay smoother on CD?
    It wasn't released in Japan as a CD, just HuCard as well. In Japan though, there were two versions or print runs that were made. One was the regular version, the second run was a "fan" version with slight packaging differences. The actual game is exactly the same.

    The US version of Magical Chase does have some graphical differences to the JP version, here is a very nice comparison page between the US and JP versions:
    http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/da...ompare_mc.html

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    It wasn't released in Japan as a CD, just HuCard as well. In Japan though, there were two versions or print runs that were made. One was the regular version, the second run was a "fan" version with slight packaging differences. The actual game is exactly the same.

    The US version of Magical Chase does have some graphical differences to the JP version, here is a very nice comparison page between the US and JP versions:
    http://www.superpcenginegrafx.net/da...ompare_mc.html
    There was a PC CD version of Magical Chase.

Page 3 of 130 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •