Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's your Favorite Video Game music/ost/tune?

What's your Favorite Video Game music/ost/tune?

I was wondering what everyone likes.

My favorites would be Phantasy Star III's main theme on the Genesis (I like it more than the game lol) and Space Harrier's main stage theme on the Sega Master System (gotta love that 8-bit tune)

As far as ost's I really dig Genesis games, MUSHA, Phantasy Star II, Herzog Zwei and Mega Turrican in particular are some of my favorites. The turbo has some nice stuff like Soldier Blade and Gate of Thunder too :P

Though I keep mentioning 16-bit stuff I also dig modern OSTs like Shoji Meguro and his work on the Persona Games. Falcom JDK Band is classic, I'm sure a lot of people here dig them as well XP.

Would anyone else like to share? I listen to music most of the day, mostly video game related, if anyone has some cool obscure video game stuff they'd like to share as well that would also be awesome. :P

Lost Odyssey, Demons Souls, Tales of Abyss/Vesperia, and Phantasy Star Universe.

Xenosaga series, Nier, Xenogears, Ys

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Just about everything that you guys have already mentioned is excellent. I'll have to think about it and add a few more. MUSHA is one of the only games above that I do not own, but I would love it. I would agree that it is one shooter with an insanely awesome soundtrack that defies all laws of the SEGA Genesis. My jaw dropped when I first heard it.

We actually had a game music thread in the forms where a lot of people posted favorites. Maybe Tempest can dig it up.

Edit. Fun fact. Toshiaki Sakoda was the composer of MUSHA and many other Compile (not Heart) titles that also rocked, such as Devil's Crush. He has a YouTube channel and always has nice responses to fans. http://m.youtube.com/user/erinaz1000
    Last edited by zborgerd; 05-29-2014 at 04:03 AM.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Here was the previous thread on the topic: http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/...ng-Soundtracks

It's time to merge threads

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Just about everything that you guys have already mentioned is excellent. I'll have to think about it and add a few more. MUSHA is one of the only games above that I do not own, but I would love it. I would agree that it is one shooter with an insanely awesome soundtrack that defies all laws of the SEGA Genesis. My jaw dropped when I first heard it.

We actually had a game music thread in the forms where a lot of people posted favorites. Maybe Tempest can dig it up.

Edit. Fun fact. Toshiaki Sakoda was the composer of MUSHA and many other Compile (not Heart) titles that also rocked, such as Devil's Crush. He has a YouTube channel and always has nice responses to fans. http://m.youtube.com/user/erinaz1000
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1LnxgzI2xw

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post

I had made this thread because the other one was more of a general music thread rather than a video game one, but it's all good :P. Thanks for the link to Sakoda's channel, I'm gonna check out his uploaded music now as a matter a fact XP. Crush pinball is glorious as far as games go, it's sad that they have such few tracks but those themes are beyond awesome. I listen to different arrangements Devil's Crush every week, is he the same who composed for Jaki Crush? They sound quite similar.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Baldur's Gate/II
    IWD/II - I think IWD is Soule's masterwork, he's never really surpassed it in my mind, though DoW approaches it.
    NWN2 -MotB & SoZ
    PS:T
    All is lurking in no particular order at the top of my list.
    Last edited by Lord of Pirates; 05-31-2014 at 03:49 AM.

TempestOne

The SSEGA-CD LunAr Is My Favorite Track Ever

Ditto,Markkcc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast