Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Child of Light

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Has anyone ever gotten all 87? O_O and here I thought Fate/Stay Night's flowchart was complex.
    As I recall, SO2 was not a case of 87 actual different endings. Instead, it was one of those things where you could unlock a character vignette that would play during the ending if you developed your relationship with the character well enough. There were little bits for who you were romantically interested in, if anyone (applied to both genders, but in the case of same gender, it was a "deep friendship" rather than romance) and it varied based upon whether you played as Claude or Rena. Also, you could not get everyone on any one playthrough; there were mutually exclusive characters (you had to pick which of the two you took, and often had no idea that you were making such a choice) and there were even two that were MC dependent in that playing Claude got you one, and you could only get the other by playing as Rena.

So .. yea .. calling it 87 is a bit of a stretch. Different endings is what Crono Trigger did (the ending changed depending upon just when you beat it). This? Just little vignettes that got added to the ending without really changing it (the only real changes per se were based on who the MC romanced/bonded with). I never beat the game after removing the Power Limiter though, so I do not know if the ending changed with that.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Is it physical? Probably not.
    I saw something about a physical copy in Europe, just like the main release, and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadElf_ View Post
    I saw something about a physical copy in Europe, just like the main release, and that's about it.
    Yeah I do not think we know for certain but it will probably have a code for a digital copy in it like the US one did.

TempestOne

Child of Light / Star Ocean Muse-ings

It'snit rare for UbiSoft to be making videogames, let alone a role-playing videogame at that? I'd be willing to look into this.

Regarding Star Ocean the Second Story, I always consider it as kind of halfsie's in that Claude's was one part, Rena's is the other half, or whichever, depending on who you chose. Did I ever consider the videogame to be finished till I got through both halves. There was one time before where I actually got a completed save file; I got all the characters - it was shared. I think that's right. Dias is kind of a stickler, or stuck-up, while Leon and Noel were like the same person 'cause their names are a palindrome. LOL So, I gave myself lead way in that aspect.

Quote Originally Posted by Astroshak View Post
    As I recall, SO2 was not a case of 87 actual different endings. Instead, it was one of those things where you could unlock a character vignette that would play during the ending if you developed your relationship with the character well enough. There were little bits for who you were romantically interested in, if anyone (applied to both genders, but in the case of same gender, it was a "deep friendship" rather than romance) and it varied based upon whether you played as Claude or Rena. Also, you could not get everyone on any one playthrough; there were mutually exclusive characters (you had to pick which of the two you took, and often had no idea that you were making such a choice) and there were even two that were MC dependent in that playing Claude got you one, and you could only get the other by playing as Rena.

So .. yea .. calling it 87 is a bit of a stretch. Different endings is what Crono Trigger did (the ending changed depending upon just when you beat it). This? Just little vignettes that got added to the ending without really changing it (the only real changes per se were based on who the MC romanced/bonded with). I never beat the game after removing the Power Limiter though, so I do not know if the ending changed with that.
    Chrono Trigger essentially only has one ending since there is a sequel. Chrono Trigger has one ending that ends with every character dead, except some weird clone of the blond who becomes Kid in Cross.

Chrono Trigger essentially only has one ending since there is a sequel. Chrono Trigger has one ending that ends with every character dead, except some weird clone of the blond who becomes Kid in Cross.
    Chrono Trigger is unique with the multiple ending, but the true canon ending has always been the "best" one as well. The whole FMV with the baby Lucca finds was added for the rerelease to make it flow into Chrono Cross.
    And actually,

Spoiler: 
    I believe Kid is just a reincarnation of Schala.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Nothing in Chrono Cross is canon in the Chrono Trigger universe, as far as I'm concerned. That crappy game should never have existed.

However...

Spoiler: 

Not "the blonde", Marle. But rather Schala, the blue-haired princess from Zeal who bonds with Lavos.

Still, it's important to note that some elements of the plot were rewritten for later versions of Chrono Trigger (DS) to try to make very vague connections between the games "more canon", in favor of Chrono Cross. This is ONLY in ending 13 and was not part of the original game.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 05-22-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Chrono Trigger is unique with the multiple ending, but the true canon ending has always been the "best" one as well. The whole FMV with the baby Lucca finds was added for the rerelease to make it flow into Chrono Cross.
    And actually,

Spoiler: 
    I believe Kid is just a reincarnation of Schala.
    Spoiler: 

More like a clone than a reincarnation.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 05-22-2014 at 03:24 PM.

Spoiler: 
    Spoilers FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Spoiler: 
    Spoilers FTW!
    Lol, I was waiting for this one.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast