Page 119 of 127 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1265

Thread: The obligatory, "What are you watching at the moment" topic!

DOLEMITE IS MY NAME!

I did not expect there to be a MUST SEE Eddie Murphy movie ever again.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSentry View Post
    DOLEMITE IS MY NAME!

I did not expect there to be a MUST SEE Eddie Murphy movie ever again.
    I'm hoping that they don't ruin Coming 2 America with social justice insanity. I just watched the original again and it's still as funny as ever. His old stuff is so good. I'd watch Dolemite but I don't do Netflix anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I'm hoping that they don't ruin Coming 2 America with social justice insanity. I just watched the original again and it's still as funny as ever. His old stuff is so good. I'd watch Dolemite but I don't do Netflix anymore.
    Download it. People share Netflix accounts so there are tons of people that are technically watching it without paying. I plan to buy it on DVD/Bluray because I expect the special features will be great and I definitely wanna support this movie.

I had heard of the 70's blacksploitation character named Dolemite but never looked into it. I'll be watching those movies now.

I'm nervous about Coming 2 America as well. It introduced me to Louie Anderson and he's one of my favorite clean comedians of all time.

Finished The Mandalorian and started The Witcher. Mando was fun, Witcher seems pretty high fantasy so far and I'm optimistic.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Spoiler: 

Watched the Premiere of Owl House.

It was wacky and fun.
    This kid's show freaking referenced 'The Good Place'.
    You can also tell the people who made this are very into anime, both in the Style, the fact the Owl Witch looks like Ryoko from Tenchi Muyo, and are clearly 90's and early 00's kids given some of the things some characters say.
    Lotta fun, it's kinda amazing Disney has apparently been putting out good shows the last few years, only to fumble quite a bit on their film half that isn't Marvel or Pixar.
    Sanity is the Lie, There is only Madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Spoiler: 
    I pretty much watched them all back when Dish Network had a martial arts HD channel (Kung Fu HD). Really enjoyed most of them. Doesn't get enough credit from the samurai film fans. Was some of the earliest HD content you could get over satellite, for some of the early HD TVs.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 01-11-2020 at 06:05 AM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LvRidv2jOQ
    It's simple, we turn the majority of Disney Employees into Jojo Fans.
    Sanity is the Lie, There is only Madness.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I pretty much watched them all back when Dish Network had a martial arts HD channel (Kung Fu HD). Really enjoyed most of them. Doesn't get enough credit from the samurai film fans. Was some of the earliest HD content you could get over satellite, for some of the early HD TVs.
    I've been watching the Criterion BD set off and on. The first couple films were slow but other than that it's been fun. I haven't felt like skipping any of them. People might not give it much credit since there aren't many duels and when there are duels they're usually brief.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    I've been watching the Criterion BD set off and on. The first couple films were slow but other than that it's been fun. I haven't felt like skipping any of them. People might not give it much credit since there aren't many duels and when there are duels they're usually brief.
    I've never thought that Shintaro Katsu was a particularly spry dude when he did these. There also is the blindness element which certainly plays a big part. There are some pretty memorable fights though. This one seems to stick in my memory Don't watch if you haven't gotten to "Zatoichi Challeneged" yet.

Zatoichi seems more about telling a story and putting us into the film rather than wowing us with action.