Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1174

Thread: The obligatory, "What are you watching at the moment" topic!

  1. #11
    Senior Member ramzastrife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    3,001
    Currently watching
    I am watching/rewatching House. I missed a chunk of episodes in seasons 2 and 3 (I think), and I missed at least the last season, but it might have been the last 2.
    Louie - Huge fan of Louis C.K. The show just clicks with me, and I am currently caught up in Season 4 as it currently airing this spring/summer.

    Ended
    Psych - Probably my favorite tv show ever. I will miss the adventures of Shawn and Gus. I currently cannot bring myself to watch the final 5 episodes, once I do, I will never have another new episode to look forward to watching.

    How I Met Your Mother - Started watching this early on and watched it all the way to completion (9 seasons i think). The last few seasons haven't been as good, but I wanted to see it through. The last season dragged on, had some redeeming moments, but you could feel that it was not as good. The ending was a total cop out, and absolutely awful. The show deserved better in my opinion. From what I hear they are planning a how I met your Father with a brand new cast.

    Awaiting New Seasons
    It's Always Sunny - Irreverant, crude, and hilarious. These guys rarely disappoint me, and because of this show I have become a Charlie Day fan.
    White Collar - Something about USA original programming for me. I enjoy watching Neal and Mozzie's hi-jinks.
    Big Bang Theory - One of my favorite comedies of all time, but still behind Psych. There is little about the show that I dislike, and oftentimes I laugh my butt off.
    The League - Fantasy football at its finest.
    The Mentalist - I actually started watching this because of the jokes about it in Psych, ended up enjoying it.
    House of Cards - Season 1 was absolutely amazing, and season 2 didn't disappoint. Won't talk too much about this one, it is hard for me to talk about without getting into spoilers.
    Franklin and Bash - Good summer distraction. I like most of the characters, and it is worth some good laughs.

    Considering
    Sirens - Recommended by an acquaintence. From what I have seen, partial episodes not starting from the beginning, the jokes seem rushed and mostly uninspired.
    Suits - Another USA original. Looks like one I would like, just haven't watched any episodes.
    Game of Thrones - I will start this eventually, just not in the mood to marathon it and then have to "wait for the dragons."

    That turned out longer than anticipated, and looking over the shows I watch, it seems like there is a pattern...
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

  2. #12
    Senior Member Fabrizo1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,176
    The only show I'm keeping up with atm is 'No Game No Life' (anime about a world with no violence whatsoever, where everything in life is determined by how good at playing games a person is.).
    I also watch 'Adventure Time' and 'Game of Thrones' on occasion.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,273
    Seasons of House just end up blurring together anyway ramza. XD

    Some other points on this post

    You should finish Psych, it's great and ends how it should imho.

    Yeah I'm sad that White Collar will be done soon.

    Can't recommend Sirens.

    Suits is really drama heavy. I think it's great but it's not for everyone.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  4. #14
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    Currently watching
    I am watching/rewatching House. I missed a chunk of episodes in seasons 2 and 3 (I think), and I missed at least the last season, but it might have been the last 2.
    Louie - Huge fan of Louis C.K. The show just clicks with me, and I am currently caught up in Season 4 as it currently airing this spring/summer.

    Ended
    Psych - Probably my favorite tv show ever. I will miss the adventures of Shawn and Gus. I currently cannot bring myself to watch the final 5 episodes, once I do, I will never have another new episode to look forward to watching.

    How I Met Your Mother - Started watching this early on and watched it all the way to completion (9 seasons i think). The last few seasons haven't been as good, but I wanted to see it through. The last season dragged on, had some redeeming moments, but you could feel that it was not as good. The ending was a total cop out, and absolutely awful. The show deserved better in my opinion. From what I hear they are planning a how I met your Father with a brand new cast.

    Awaiting New Seasons
    It's Always Sunny - Irreverant, crude, and hilarious. These guys rarely disappoint me, and because of this show I have become a Charlie Day fan.
    White Collar - Something about USA original programming for me. I enjoy watching Neal and Mozzie's hi-jinks.
    Big Bang Theory - One of my favorite comedies of all time, but still behind Psych. There is little about the show that I dislike, and oftentimes I laugh my butt off.
    The League - Fantasy football at its finest.
    The Mentalist - I actually started watching this because of the jokes about it in Psych, ended up enjoying it.
    House of Cards - Season 1 was absolutely amazing, and season 2 didn't disappoint. Won't talk too much about this one, it is hard for me to talk about without getting into spoilers.
    Franklin and Bash - Good summer distraction. I like most of the characters, and it is worth some good laughs.

    Considering
    Sirens - Recommended by an acquaintence. From what I have seen, partial episodes not starting from the beginning, the jokes seem rushed and mostly uninspired.
    Suits - Another USA original. Looks like one I would like, just haven't watched any episodes.
    Game of Thrones - I will start this eventually, just not in the mood to marathon it and then have to "wait for the dragons."

    That turned out longer than anticipated, and looking over the shows I watch, it seems like there is a pattern...
    I was sad to see Psych ending but, the last episode is a blast and the way it ends feels right. Same here on White Collar, it's too bad the final season is going to be so short. I love F&B, hopefully their decision to air it later in the year won't hurt viewership. Suits is drama heavy but it's a good show.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,273
    Agree entirely the 6 episode thing is CRAP. Wish it was getting a proper send-off. I feel like so much has to happen in these 6 episodes and I don't know if they can pull it off.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  6. #16
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    Agree entirely the 6 episode thing is CRAP. Wish it was getting a proper send-off. I feel like so much has to happen in these 6 episodes and I don't know if they can pull it off.
    This reminds me of how I felt about SG:A being a measly five seasons >_< (I say measly because SG:U happened, blegh).
    Last edited by Lord of Pirates; 05-25-2014 at 05:28 PM.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,273
    Should have been 10 no doubt. I'd at least like to see some movies but that is seeming increasingly unlikely.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,788
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    Should have been 10 no doubt. I'd at least like to see some movies but that is seeming increasingly unlikely.
    I would have been content with seven, the last couple of seasons felt a bit rushed to me. I think any chance of more movies died when MGM was having trouble a while back .

  9. #19
    Senior Member ramzastrife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    3,001
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    Seasons of House just end up blurring together anyway ramza. XD

    Some other points on this post

    You should finish Psych, it's great and ends how it should imho.

    Yeah I'm sad that White Collar will be done soon.

    Can't recommend Sirens.

    Suits is really drama heavy. I think it's great but it's not for everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    I was sad to see Psych ending but, the last episode is a blast and the way it ends feels right. Same here on White Collar, it's too bad the final season is going to be so short. I love F&B, hopefully their decision to air it later in the year won't hurt viewership. Suits is drama heavy but it's a good show.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    Agree entirely the 6 episode thing is CRAP. Wish it was getting a proper send-off. I feel like so much has to happen in these 6 episodes and I don't know if they can pull it off.
    I hadn't heard about White Collar yet, that makes me sad.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

  10. #20
    TempestOne
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Gypsy whats your problem with Minority Report, personally I think its a sci fi classic on par with things like Blade Runner, although my personal favorite is 13th Floor or for the Ghost in the Shell fans, Avalon.

    @Stor, I had the same thought. I played Deadly Premonition, then tried to watch Twin Peaks, but its just too slow and it takes too long for the weird Fantasy elements to start coming into play.
    Not interjecting but I loved Minority Report, Blade Runner, the Thirteenth Floor and Ghost in the Shell. Those are probably my top four favorite movies of all time at this point in time right now. I remember staring at Ghost in the Shell whenever it was available in stores and they just started handing them out at the strip mall we have had here. I carried about two copies out-store once. It is, and it is actually a good program.

    Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    Currently watching
    I am watching/rewatching House. I missed a chunk of episodes in seasons 2 and 3 (I think), and I missed at least the last season, but it might have been the last 2.
    Louie - Huge fan of Louis C.K. The show just clicks with me, and I am currently caught up in Season 4 as it currently airing this spring/summer.

    Ended
    Psych - Probably my favorite tv show ever. I will miss the adventures of Shawn and Gus. I currently cannot bring myself to watch the final 5 episodes, once I do, I will never have another new episode to look forward to watching.

    How I Met Your Mother - Started watching this early on and watched it all the way to completion (9 seasons i think). The last few seasons haven't been as good, but I wanted to see it through. The last season dragged on, had some redeeming moments, but you could feel that it was not as good. The ending was a total cop out, and absolutely awful. The show deserved better in my opinion. From what I hear they are planning a how I met your Father with a brand new cast.

    Awaiting New Seasons
    It's Always Sunny - Irreverant, crude, and hilarious. These guys rarely disappoint me, and because of this show I have become a Charlie Day fan.
    White Collar - Something about USA original programming for me. I enjoy watching Neal and Mozzie's hi-jinks.
    Big Bang Theory - One of my favorite comedies of all time, but still behind Psych. There is little about the show that I dislike, and oftentimes I laugh my butt off.
    The League - Fantasy football at its finest.
    The Mentalist - I actually started watching this because of the jokes about it in Psych, ended up enjoying it.
    House of Cards - Season 1 was absolutely amazing, and season 2 didn't disappoint. Won't talk too much about this one, it is hard for me to talk about without getting into spoilers.
    Franklin and Bash - Good summer distraction. I like most of the characters, and it is worth some good laughs.

    Considering
    Sirens - Recommended by an acquaintence. From what I have seen, partial episodes not starting from the beginning, the jokes seem rushed and mostly uninspired.
    Suits - Another USA original. Looks like one I would like, just haven't watched any episodes.
    Game of Thrones - I will start this eventually, just not in the mood to marathon it and then have to "wait for the dragons."

    That turned out longer than anticipated, and looking over the shows I watch, it seems like there is a pattern...
    Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    I hadn't heard about White Collar yet, that makes me sad.
    Oy, I did not want quote your entire thinger post-script verbatim but I have loved the USA network since it's inception. One of my favorite shows was Tattooed Teenaged Alien Fighters From Beverly Hills. Alot of people-guys do not really know about them too much but I thought it beat the pants out of the Sailor Sentai. My favorite was Scorpio!
    Last edited by TempestOne; 05-25-2014 at 09:56 PM. Reason: My /bad/, I am testin' the multi-quote thinger-button.

Page 2 of 118 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •