Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: e3 2014: Your hopes and wants?

Quote Originally Posted by Kou The Mad View Post
    X, Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, Kaio: King of Pirates, Final Fantasy 15, Kingdom Hearts 3, Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines, so many things.

Edit: http://kotaku.com/twitchs-e3-schedul...ium=Socialflow

My oh My, what is this? a Unannounced Square Enix Games?

FF15 and KH3 are already announced, and SaGa's Creator said we will hear about that series in Spring, so what could it be? Star Ocean 5? The Last Remnant 2? Agni's Propechy? or Perhaps.............a new IP?
    Saga? Isn't this series dead? Unlimited Saga on the ps2 was the last one at least in the US, and it may be one of the worst games ever made. I can't imagine Saga is anything but dead.

Also Star Ocean 4 did poorly, and the storyline is basically cut off, no one likes last remnant, its not getting a sequel (I don't actually think its bad, but it was heavily flawed, mainly with regards to leveling, you could play the whole game and then end up under leveled against the final bosses of the game with no chance to beat them or level up), agni's prophecy was never a game, it was merely a demo of the capabilities of the newer consoles.

Honestly if SE had something new coming out and I had to bet, a sequel to Bravely Default is the only thing that makes sense barring a new IP.

I think Romancing Saga was the last one on the PS2.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Saga? Isn't this series dead? Unlimited Saga on the ps2 was the last one at least in the US, and it may be one of the worst games ever made. I can't imagine Saga is anything but dead.

Also Star Ocean 4 did poorly, and the storyline is basically cut off, no one likes last remnant, its not getting a sequel (I don't actually think its bad, but it was heavily flawed, mainly with regards to leveling, you could play the whole game and then end up under leveled against the final bosses of the game with no chance to beat them or level up), agni's prophecy was never a game, it was merely a demo of the capabilities of the newer consoles.

Honestly if SE had something new coming out and I had to bet, a sequel to Bravely Default is the only thing that makes sense barring a new IP.
    Some people count Last Remnant as a game that's loosely in the Saga series. I think that it had the same director, art director, and other staff that have worked on the Saga games.

Either way, the Saga series is terrible. One of my most hated ever. Last Remnant isn't far off due to game-breaking design choices for what could have been an okay game. Not to mention, from another thread on the subject:

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu
    Plus spider cats with earrings, frog rabbits, mowhawk turtles, and jar jar binks
    http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/...ht=spider+cats

Just the bad character designs alone make it a Saga game.
    Last edited by zborgerd; 06-03-2014 at 01:32 PM.

The series doesn't have a single good game in it. There's a reason they haven't bothered to put the frontier ones on psn.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    The series doesn't have a single good game in it. There's a reason they haven't bothered to put the frontier ones on psn.
    Even Final Fantasy Legend (Saga in disguise) isn't that great. People still rave about it because it was a "Final Fantasy" game, not knowing that it's actually Saga. Things only went downhill after the series left the Game Boy.

I remember how hate-inducing the game was when I was a lad, yet for some reason we played it to the end. We beat Creator without the chainsaw trick. Only the ending is somewhat redeeming and was pretty innovative for its time.

I only ever played Frontier and I was just like what is this crap. I didn't know about the relation to FFL since I never bothered to look into the series much. I just now found out that Romancing Saga on ps2 was a port of a super fami game according to Wiki. I had the two ps2 titles awhile ago but got rid of them since I was never going to play them.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    http://www.gaijinworks.com/interact/...ht=spider+cats

Just the bad character designs alone make it a Saga game.
    well, since we're on the topic... Kind of like how Hironobu Sakaguchi is the name behind Final Fantasy, Akitoshi Kawazu is SaGa.

its not so much the utterly retarded character designs that out Last Remnant as a Kawazu game, but the unconventional, sometimes random, and typically busted game design. Almost always when it comes to leveling characters. Last Remnant handles it better than your average SaGa game. SaGa Frontier for instance. The way your characters get stronger in that game is by randomly gaining a stat increase... by a single point... sometimes after battle... if the game really feels like it... And that makes the game a fantastically annoying and unbalanced mess and it sucks.

Its been a long time, but I remember Last Remnant having a leveling system. But appropriately, for a Kawazu title, its broken and you can wind up with high level but weak characters unless you know how to game the system for maximum stat increase.

The other hallmark of Kawazu games is the atrocious writing. OMG, the first five seconds of being introduced to the MC in Last Remnant, I wanted him to die horribly. Every character in the game is a retarded one dimensional stereotype.

BTW, the reason there are so many SaGa games is due to their immense popularity in Japan. Why? I don't know.

I will say Final Fantasy Legend (a SaGa game renamed to ride FF's popularity) was at least inspired. Kawazu based the worlds of the game around the 4 legendary Chinese creatures/symbols. Then you climb a tower of Babel like structure and kill God. Because he has bad fashion sense? That game really bored me, I had to come up with my own story to maintain interest. I don't know how I managed to beat it from how expensive weapons were and how they ALL HAD LIMITED #'s OF USES! WTF! That Kawazu guy has a knack for coming up with ways to not like his games very much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    I had the two ps2 titles awhile ago but got rid of them since I was never going to play them.
    bu... bu... but.. one of them lets you play as a STONED SQUIRREL

I recently found SaGa Frontier when I was cleaning out my old house, my dad had put it in storage along with all the CD stuff including a lot of my PS1 games. I remember this game was brutally difficult and seemed pretty much impassible. I still liked it for some reason, the only thing I viciously hated was the ridiculous difficulty spikes. I want to clear it one day, but not sure if I'm mentally prepared to do it any time soon XD. Then again it has been what 15-16 years since I played it? Maybe I'll just hate it from the get to go this time around, if nostalgia doesn't kick in that is.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    The other hallmark of Kawazu games is the atrocious writing. OMG, the first five seconds of being introduced to the MC in Last Remnant, I wanted him to die horribly.
    Not to mention that his name is "Rush Sykes". I think that he drinks and plays cards on weekends with friends Edge Maverick from Star Ocean 4 and Fayt Leingod from Star Ocean 3. None of them hang out with Butz from Final Fantasy V though.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast