Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Type 0 HD for Xbone and PS4

Final Fantasy Type 0 HD for Xbone and PS4

Hory sheet.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=835043

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ita/#sf3255743

Guess I am a little slow to the party, it was noted in the E3 thread.
    Last edited by ramzastrife; 06-10-2014 at 10:36 PM.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

This is the silliest announcement ever from SE.^^

First of all, Type 0 is clearly designed for handhelds. It's mission based for god's sake!
    Secondly... it's a PSP game. Unless they completely remake the game, not just remaster, with new fancy engine and all a next gen version is pointless. The PSP is weaker than a PS2... yet we got really excellent 1080p ports of FFX and X-2 on PS3 and Vita, two very demanding PS2 titles. Among the best HD Remasters to date.

So if there is no complete remake from scratch going on, this should be a PS3, 360 and Vita port. upscaling and better textures won't cut it on PS4.

And again, fans wanted the game for Vita, because it was freaking designed as a mission based handheld game.

I am seriously fed up with Square-Enix.
    Last edited by 108 Stars; 06-10-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    ^ I agree 100%.

Would be a good Vita game.

I'm so excited for it!

Well, the English translation patch for the PSP version was released yesterday. I have my japanese PSP copy, and I will play it on PSP. Would have rebought it for Vita, but this port is so pointless I will not support it with my money.

Square-Enix has gone so low... I may not buy anything from them at all in the future. In my book it's better to support companies like NISA, GW and Atlus that have a basic understanding for their fanbase.

Quote Originally Posted by 108 Stars View Post
    Well, the English translation patch for the PSP version was released yesterday. I have my japanese PSP copy, and I will play it on PSP. Would have rebought it for Vita, but this port is so pointless I will not support it with my money.

Square-Enix has gone so low... I may not buy anything from them at all in the future. In my book it's better to support companies like NISA, GW and Atlus that have a basic understanding for their fanbase.
    Last SE game that I picked up was Drakengard 3 LE, but not much otherwise outside of the occasions bargain bin game that was released within the past few years on PSP or Xbox 360. I loved Nier (bargain bin game), and I am sure people are sick of hearing me rave about.

Did pick up the Dragon Quest GBC and DS games recently.

I seem to be from the Enix camp, as you can see.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Last SE game that I picked up was Drakengard 3 LE, but not much otherwise outside of the occasions bargain bin game that was released within the past few years on PSP or Xbox 360. I loved Nier (bargain bin game), and I am sure people are sick of hearing me rave about.

There can be never enough love for Nier. Best Square Enix game of the generation imo, and one they did not develop themselves. About Drakengard 3, that's another one of the points where I get frustrated. I am European, and in their eternal wisdom they decided to release it digitally only. But wait, they did offer a physical CE... without a disc, with just a download code, and limited via their online shop!

There's just frustration with the company piling up for me. I was so disappointed in FF XIII, and how they tried to push Lightning in our faces for years with sequels, DLCs etc. Dragon Quest IX was a nice game, but nowhere near VII and VIII in my book, and even the remakes of IV, V and VI were better imo. Kingdom Hearts handheld games... oh man...

It's like Square was a company you could buy games from and knew they would blow you away. Nowadays it's a gamble, hit or miss. And for a long time they have not reached their absolute hights, and they make strange decisions like porting DQ VIII only to smartphone, not consoles and handhelds too, not localizing Type-0, or now porting it to PS4 and XBO where a PS360 and Vita remaster would have been adequate. Call me a heartbroken former fan. :P

Quote Originally Posted by 108 Stars View Post
    There can be never enough love for Nier. Best Square Enix game of the generation imo, and one they did not develop themselves. About Drakengard 3, that's another one of the points where I get frustrated. I am European, and in their eternal wisdom they decided to release it digitally only. But wait, they did offer a physical CE... without a disc, with just a download code, and limited via their online shop!

There's just frustration with the company piling up for me. I was so disappointed in FF XIII, and how they tried to push Lightning in our faces for years with sequels, DLCs etc. Dragon Quest IX was a nice game, but nowhere near VII and VIII in my book, and even the remakes of IV, V and VI were better imo. Kingdom Hearts handheld games... oh man...

It's like Square was a company you could buy games from and knew they would blow you away. Nowadays it's a gamble, hit or miss. And for a long time they have not reached their absolute hights, and they make strange decisions like porting DQ VIII only to smartphone, not consoles and handhelds too, not localizing Type-0, or now porting it to PS4 and XBO where a PS360 and Vita remaster would have been adequate. Call me a heartbroken former fan. :P
    Preaching to the choir on that one. We have talked about this a lot here, and we were all dumbfounded when we saw the European Drakengard LE.

I did like a few of SE's XBox 360 RPGs (Infinite Undiscovery and Star Ocean 4), but I am in the minority on that one. FF XIII was my most hated game of this generation. I never finished it past 30-40 hours and it literally is one of the only games that I have ever considered throwing in the trash. I do have the second game, but probably won't play it. We'll see.

Their best stuff seems to be anything that isn't developed in-house. Everyone raves about Bravely Default, Tomb Raider, Sleeping Dogs. For a company that used to specialize in in-house RPGs, that's just plain weird.

Good to know I'm not alone.^^

And in case the news went under, I just got a press mail from Square Enix Europe, announcing that not only Type-0 on PS4 and XBO was coming, but also it's little smartphone brother Agito, completely f2p with microtransactions. So everybody is getting their Type-0 fix, except for the group that called out the loudest for it and petitioned. Good move, SE.^^

I'm very glad but... no Vita release? Seriously?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast