Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Type 0 HD for Xbone and PS4

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    in regards to FFX HD and FFX-2 HD, Square did a poor job on the sync between voice acting and character lip movement

I'm not going to start on all the screw ups on Enix's end though
    the lack of Dragon Quest games in the West that S-E directly brought over themselves is the biggest one, I'm glad that Nintendo of America brought over the ones they did,

Dragon Quest VII would be nice, regardless if it's the ps1 or 3ds version
    Actually I think Dragon Quest has gotten worse since Nintendo took over publishing. Not worse than Enix alone in the pre-SE times, but worse than Square Enix the years before.

Square-Enix brought over Dragon Quest VIII, IV and V. Also Rocket Slime and Joker, all in a timely manner and well localized. Then Nintendo took over, and released DQ IX. DQ VI then took more than a year after the Japanese release. They also released Joker 2. No DQ X, no DQ VII.

About FF X HD, the lip synch may be a little off, but I think that's a small flaw overall. We have great textures, vibrant colors and 1080p in it, plus some new effects like the water effects. And it doesn't run worse than the PS2 original, 30fps with very few hickups.

BTW, the port was good, and again Square Enix did not do it. It was outsourced to the Chinese company Virtuous.^^

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Riggggggghhhhhhhhht! Slap into the face of someone doing copyright infringement, if square enix wanted to slap them in the face, they could have sent over their over priced lawyers with a lawsuit. I have no problem with people doing fan translations, but don't act like they have some moral right to it.
    Yeah, I think it was kind of the other way around. Square Enix has the habit of sending cease & desist letters to fan projects shortly before release. As in, 2 weeks before at most. As if they want to have the hackers work as much as possible on it before telling them they wasted their time. My theory: Knowing that habit from past fan projects, the Type-0 guys made the August release date public on purpose. This way, if SE acted like they did before, the cease & desist would not come before mid July. Secretly, they planned to release before schedule, so the patch goes public before the lawyers come in. Once it has been out, they can still do what SE asks and delete their own dl link, the patch has been out and cannot be rooted out.

That's all jst a theory, but that's how I would do it. In my mind, Square-Enix has been ninjaed.
    Last edited by 108 Stars; 06-11-2014 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Wait is this physical or not, because the ANN article said the plan was to release it on the west as a psn title, which means digital only in which case I won't get, if its physical I will get it.
    There is someone on NeoGaf (don't know if he works for Square, or what his connection is) that was giving info on it and said it would be physical. Other people know his credentials, I don't but the mods vouch for it so, I would expect physical.
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    in regards to FFX HD and FFX-2 HD, Square did a poor. job on the sync between voice acting and character lip movement

I'm not going to start on all the screw ups on Enix's end though
    the lack of Dragon Quest games in the West that S-E directly brought over themselves is the biggest one, I'm glad that Nintendo of America brought over the ones they did,

Dragon Quest VII would be nice, regardless if it's the ps1 or 3ds version
    I'm imagining my PS1 copy of DQ7 that the last incarnation of Enix of America released?

(I'd like to see the 3DS remake along with the DQM remake - I'm too discouraged to hold out hope for X though.)

So apparently it is up for preorder on Amazon. They have the date as Dec 2015, so sometime next year.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...cketconsole-20
    XBL/PSN/Steam/NNID: Ramzastrife
    Bakery List
    Games beaten/beaten again this year:
    Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC
    Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
    Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
    Final Fantasy IV (PSP)
    Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion
    Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim

They put December as a placeholder for the game appearing sometime in 2015.

The last Enix game was R.A.D, I believe, Robot Alchemic Drive on PS2.

Okay I am down for a physical release, though unless there is a CE I will wait for a price drop.

Awesome, awesome, awesome!! I started playing the fan translation, and the game was pretty cool. I think it will be even better on a console!!!

Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    Awesome, awesome, awesome!! I started playing the fan translation, and the game was pretty cool. I think it will be even better on a console!!!
    You know where it would be even better than a console?

Spoiler: 
    Vita! X3

Yeah, that definitely seemed like an odd choice (and probably more work) in upscaling it to next-gen hardware.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast