Thread: Another Class of Heroes 2 video up

Another Class of Heroes 2 video up

Just added another video of one of the early quests in Class of Heroes 2

http://youtu.be/qltiSQJ0cFs

Lookin good!

Forgot to ask this before on the previous videos, but can you cheese every boss in this game with the Group Attacks/Gambits like in the first game? Blaze Fist pretty much one shot everything except for the main story's final boss, in which I just spammed Burst Fire instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickscor View Post
    Forgot to ask this before on the previous videos, but can you cheese every boss in this game with the Group Attacks/Gambits like in the first game? Blaze Fist pretty much one shot everything except for the main story's final boss, in which I just spammed Burst Fire instead.
    If you are overpowered, you can cheaply take out some of the bigger bosses, but not with the group attacks, but spell combinations. And by combining some of the more exotic stat-raising spells you get later, you can do the same. However, even with that knowledge, it's possible to die in those battles if luck doesn't go your way. However, I'd rather have that than the monsters that spammed/abused/insta-killed like CoH1. CoH2 is more balanced in that regard.

One spell in particular I can't believe was left in affecting bosses. If it's still that way in Class of Heroes 3, I'll nerf it. We didn't have a strong enough understanding of the complicated systems internally to do it in 2 until very late when it was too late to test a change that large extensively.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    One spell in particular I can't believe was left in affecting bosses. If it's still that way in Class of Heroes 3, I'll nerf it.
    I'm kind of hesitant about stuff like this because sometimes the nerfing of a skill goes way too far and ruins the entire point of even having the skill in the first place. Plus, I'm not sure if all skills are meant to be equal.

For example, Magic Ring in Class of Heroes is something I used lot due to the double damage factor along with Magic Attack Up from Ragnarok. If those got reduced to the point where combined your damage only raised by 15%, I'd be annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyAjora View Post
    I'm kind of hesitant about stuff like this because sometimes the nerfing of a skill goes way too far and ruins the entire point of even having the skill in the first place. Plus, I'm not sure if all skills are meant to be equal.

For example, Magic Ring in Class of Heroes is something I used lot due to the double damage factor along with Magic Attack Up from Ragnarok. If those got reduced to the point where combined your damage only raised by 15%, I'd be annoyed.
    IF it's nerfed, it would only be so its effect on bosses is lessened. But they may have fixed it in CoH3. I haven't played far enough it that to get the spells in question.

You shouldn't be afraid to make things better because of the chance to make things worse.

Very nice Vic! I also like seeing videos like this vs. traditional trailers, which basically rolls cinematic and never really give you a good grip on gameplay. I hope this vid helps push the goal!