Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What are your Gameboy Advance (GBA) hidden gems?

Living here in Jersey, fighting villains from afar
    I quite liked the Summon Night: Swordcraft Story games, and Harvest Moon More Friends of Mineral Town. The Mario Tennis Power Tour was good, it was a tennis RPG and had very little to do with Mario, actually. Although they were really easy, the Monster Rancher Advanced games introduced some interesting new concepts like coaches, but none of them made it over to later console installments.

And of course Golden Sun.
    Last edited by ninjamitsuki; 06-20-2014 at 10:18 PM.

Yeah I do think everyone knows about Golden Sun. Forgot to mention that but it was on Storino's list too and doesn't fit the thread either. :P They are definitely great games tho.

I agree for sure on Summon Night SC 1-2.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Summon night Swordcraft Story games were glorious! Also has anyone played the Demi Kids games? (SMT for kids? lol) The Castlevania games on the system were really good too.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJJS82 View Post
    The Pinball of the Dead is one of my favorites. It's not the easiest game to find but it's worth checking out for those who liked the Devil's Crush series of games.
    Thank you for bringing this to my attention
    Last edited by Aristides; 06-20-2014 at 11:58 PM.

What about Metroid? Are the GBA entries any good? Before the Wii games (trilogy and other m), I only played the original on NES.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    What about Metroid? Are the GBA entries any good? Before the Wii games (trilogy and other m), I only played the original on NES.
    I've heard fusion is godlike, one of the best Metroid games ever.

Speaking of Golden Sun, I'm somewhere in the middle of the second one. Just haven't had the interest in finishing it. I'm stuck at this part where you have the ship and have to defeat a dragon, but have to weaken it first, and I don't know/care to look at a walkthrough to figure it out. I can also go to the south continent to this Ice dungeon, but it's a long trek and I think I'm missing something first, or it's non-linear at that particular part in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    The Castlevania games on the system were really good too.
    Yeah they are all time great games.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Both are really good games.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

TempestOne

GameBoy Advance

The first videogame thought that came to mind was Final Fantasy Advance, it's a really good follow up to the Final Fantasy PlayStation release - I was a big fan of the first installment that I wasn't disappointed with the sequel, at all. Advance Wars was a really good strategy-tactical RPG, too. I thought it was almost kind of better if not for my just initial familiarity with FFT. Golden Sun was so good that I stopped at the very last boss, just so I can continue to follow-up the series sometime in the more recent future. I feel the most hidden gen on the GBA, though, is a Castlevania videogame, - what is is called - Circle of the Moon's really good. I think it's better than Castlevania Symphony of the Night and I spent a eternity on that one just to get everything. Pokémon Silver's really good, too, because I feel they follow the continuation of the comic book in that which Ash picks Squirtle. :)

If I could hand anyone a GBA videogame, I'd give them MegaMan Battle Network.

I didn't like Fusion, felt very linear and overly story-driven for a metroid game. Zero Mission was good though.

I can read Tempests post.
    Something must be off.

Never really sure what is ment by Hidden Gems.
    But I'd guess one of the few I have played is Boktai. Unique concept with the light sensor. I need to get back to it and finish it sometime. Of course Golden Sun is one of my favorite GBA games. The only thing I remember not liking about GS2 is the amount of Djinni to collect.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast