Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What are you opinions on professional reviewers with lacsidasical attitudes?

Depends on your scale. I think average games should get a 5 but that's not how it works.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I'm not expecting perfect scores, but I frankly feel that very few games should get anything higher than an 8. Certainly most these days don't deserve the 9s and 10s.

As for Zelda, I feel that Wind Waker is deserving of a 6 or 7. I know, blasphemy, right?
    It's harder to back-rate a title when it's from your past rather than just coming out. Trying to rate stuff I played when I was younger is never unbiased because you may have nostalgia goggles of one form or another on.

That said, I'd put Wind Waker at and 8.5 or 9 because I really loved that game. It was just FUN to play, and the soundtrack was perfectly done for what the game was.

Yeah Windwaker deserves at least an 8. All around solid gaming experience.

Agree heavily on nostalgia goggles. Everyone always thinks w/e they played as a kid is much better than the trash being made now. The truth is games are mostly better now. Sssshhhhhh it's a secret.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    It's harder to back-rate a title when it's from your past rather than just coming out. Trying to rate stuff I played when I was younger is never unbiased because you may have nostalgia goggles of one form or another on.

That said, I'd put Wind Waker at and 8.5 or 9 because I really loved that game. It was just FUN to play, and the soundtrack was perfectly done for what the game was.
    I felt this way when it was released. The game was a letdown to me, but not "bad" by any means. Just felt that it was boring and lacked depth.

Was the P4R link included as a serious reference? It's parody / satire (with the potential to be undiscovered truth.)

Quote Originally Posted by DeadElf_ View Post
    Was the P4R link included as a serious reference? It's parody / satire (with the potential to be undiscovered truth.)
    I'm being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    Yeah Windwaker deserves at least an 8. All around solid gaming experience.

Agree heavily on nostalgia goggles. Everyone always thinks w/e they played as a kid is much better than the trash being made now. The truth is games are mostly better now. Sssshhhhhh it's a secret.
    I played WW HD and thought it was a fun romp. That was my first and only Zelda game I ever played to completion.

TempestOne
    K'Klown, you should send in fan reviews (the only ones that matter) because you are always on here spouting from a soap box. It is so comical. Reminds me of Antiqua or Clik.

Hey, I din't see this on the first page, ...one of the most interesting topics in this threadspace to-date. I have loved VideoGame magazines since its inception, lol, like just from when I first found out about them at Blockbuster on the newsstand, and I would always have the exact amount of change in my pocket to at least pick up the latest. Sometimes I would pick up a double if I ripped out all of the advertisements I 'Needed' for my own reviews or collages, or what-not. Just a folder with my favorite stuff. I honestly feel how they review is all about style. My, personal, reviews are all in the fine_print of the text, and I would have little-to-no-care about the actual, ''Hand,'' that goes up saying that it is good or bad. If I could have my own VideoGaming magazine or review site I would just give it a thumbs up, a thumbs down or a middle-of-the-pack. I forget which magazine rack had the idea closest to mine. Game ...something? Of course. I do honestly feel also that the professional reviews are for the publishing company themselfs and it is like, here we reviewed this for your guys's. That makes sense.

What I honestly, truly look for in videogaming magazines are the previews, so I know which system to sit on launch-date, which games to pick up, et cetera. How to pre-tackle the videogame on a consumer markets's basis. Will I need to, go here, or go there, for my VideoGame. Just knowing the release date is enough information for me, and I can mostly get that from the direct store location if I wanted to do so, but a lot, a lot of pictures help for VideoGame, especially for me, in the work-in-progress moments. I directly lean towards the fan review sites, ...I just do. I feel that is self-explanatory. I am looking to get more back order issues at this time since I feel Nintendo Power had that market in on-hold, and when they had their farewell issue, it was almost like, a free-for-all again. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    What "shine"? I go to YouTube because I want diversity from the usual game media format. It's really not about trust.

This is terrible writing and the author is a windbag. I just read through a dozen paragraphs of pointless nonsense where he links in the middle to articles where crafty "investigative journalists" catch the YouTube review community red-handed in their alleged deceit.

We already knew that many YouTube channel operators tend to make minor careers out of posting videos and make money on ad revenue, among other things. They also often receive review copies of games, and some are quick to admit this. It's just another media outlet. This is just another example of a bunch of loons trying to stoke the fire and make a big deal out of something trivial.

Every industry in the world is littered with bribery, whether discrete or obvious. Manufacturers try to offer more incentive over the competition to get resellers to push their product. The same applied to intellectual property. It's all about money and lifestyle. Anyone that doesn't understand that this extends to gaming media is a fool. It just happens to be a medium that's accessible to the little guy. Internet distribution has made it possible for anyone to communicate with the masses. The only reason that only the big media companies controlled things two decades ago is because they held the keys to distribution of magazines, TV, etc. Now we have a bunch of guys living in their mother's basement that do it instead, fighting for scraps among the other thousands of like individuals that do the exact same thing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast