Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mistwalker Game Announcement - Tuesday, July 2.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost

Mistwalker Game Announcement - Tuesday, July 2.

Hironobu Sakaguchi is supposed to announce a new game in a few days, at Japan Expo (July 2). Apparently Mistwalker trademarked a game called "Terra Battle". Could be the announcement. I'm hoping it's not a tablet game, but rather a sequel to Lost Odyssey or Last Story; In my opinion, two of the better console RPGs of the past generation.

What is everyone else expecting or hoping to see?

By the way... Back in February there was a vague tweet about a new Mistwalker XBox One RPG that would coincidentally be announced on a Tuesday. http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/22/micr...om-mistwalker/

Major meh if it's on xbone.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    Major meh if it's on xbone.
    Pretty much, but that might be the only hope for Lost Odyssey 2. The end of the game left open a whole new possibility for a journey to another world. There is a lot of plot potential there.

I really need to finish Lost Odyssey, but I really despise playing the 360. I was mostly through the first disc I think. I heard something about high failure rates with the 3rd and 4th disc, so hopefully my current copy is good.

I got through the game and loved it. The ending was good, with no real cliffhanger, but I guess it could be expanded upon.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    I got through the game and loved it. The ending was good, with no real cliffhanger, but I guess it could be expanded upon.
    The cliffhanger is:

Spoiler: 

Seth and Gongora get sucked back into the immortal world when the gate closes. That is the cliffhanger, as it's very plausible that Gongora could come back or Kaim and co. would try to devise a way to bring Seth back in spite of the writer's insistence that the gate between the worlds has closed for good. Such a thing is never true as far a sequels are concerned.

With Seth back in the immortal world, she essentially could be taken into captivity as a traitor. The goal of the immortals was to go to the other world to discover the cause of their own world's destruction. As they got their memories back, they resisted returning to their home world. Since time flows differently between the two worlds, who is to say how long they've actually been gone and what's on the other side, or what happened after Gongora absorbed the light from the other world.

As you can see, only part of the story has been told. A sequel or even a prequel could build substantially upon the story. We don't even really know the cause of the immortal world's demise. Could very well have something to do with the magical revolution in the mortal world.

Is there a reason why they never go multi platform?

Probably easier.

Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    Is there a reason why they never go multi platform?
    i consider lost odyssey a true spiritual successor to the ff franchise.the game was just amazing on the other hand i really disliked the last story

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast