Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Mistwalker Game Announcement - Tuesday, July 2.

Yeah, sorry to break everyone's enthusiasm ^^" let's hope they have something up their sleeves later on.

We got all excited and then.........
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

What a way to flush your talents down the smart phone bowl. While the phone may be smart, this decision to waste that talent on a F2P (as all the cool kids calling it) is anything but imho.
    Last edited by almighty; 07-02-2014 at 04:33 AM. Reason: spelling typo :)

Japanese companies must really be hurting for money with just about everyone switching to mobile... make me think a lot of how Japan's entire console/handheld ecosystem is dying...

Sakaguchi has been reading too much Shakespeare.

But I think in hindsight his firing was a bad idea. Sure the movie flopped, but with him gone Square has gotten worse and worse. I don't see anybody firing Nintendo's President after consecutive losing financial results, oh but being an honorable man he took a pay cut, from a whole lot of money to still a whole lot of money, and quite honestly its not like he is even Nintendo's most important figure. Why has Miyamoto never been offered the presidency, I mean Nintendo as a video game power basically exists thanks to him and the Gunpei Yokoi. Yokoi also got the shaft just like Sakaguchi.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    What a way to flush your talents down the smart phone bowl. While the phone may be smart, this decision to waste that talent on a F2P (as all the cool kids calling it) is anything but imho.
    You mean 'free to pay', right ?

As tiny tim from futurama would say " Sir you have expertly raised my hopes, and dashed them all in one. "

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    lol today Mistwalker filled a chalice with the internet's tears and drank it in an attempt to achieve immortality. Silly Mistwalker, Gilgamesh gave that to the snake XD

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/07/01...e-smartphones/

So yea we're getting a smartphone game, I'm really not surprised by this. I was more on the camp that this was a mobile game before the announcement (especially because of that name!) but well since I'm not really a fan of theirs yet (haven't played their games) I don't find this as disappointing as most. Who knows, it might be pretty good given they have experience with the platform but well mobile isn't really for me, at least not for core gaming.
    I was ready to be disappointed and then I realized that at least it wasn't XBone. And then I was "well, that's sort of a win."

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    You mean 'free to pay', right ?
    Bingo. You're free to pay and if you don't, then don't expect to progress past level 1, do not collect $200, do not pass Go and go directly to jail and off with your head.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by almighty View Post
    Bingo. You're free to pay and if you don't, then don't expect to progress past level 1, do not collect $200, do not pass Go and go directly to jail and off with your head.
    For the cost of a measly dollar you can skip the agonizing hours of grinding to level 2!!!!
    Last edited by Lord of Pirates; 07-02-2014 at 04:49 PM.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast