Page 361 of 543 FirstFirst ... 261311351359360361362363371411461 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,610 of 5427

Thread: People Will Like You If You're Too Stingy, Steve (Game Deals thread)

  1. #3601
    Member SuperDerek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    If this isn't too probing where did you live before in Kansas? I actually had a friend that did the same thing as you (we went to school together then he moved out to Washington state) but he ended up coming back.
    Not at all, I was born in Manhattan, and moved away when I Turned ~21 I think. Moved up to Omaha because I wanted the taste of a bigger city. As it turned out, Omaha was just more of the same, so my wife and I decided to go crazy and move out to Seattle, which has been one of the best decisions we've made.

    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    I knew it! I knew something was horribly wrong with you, but I couldn't lay my finger on it...
    Yep, I'm damaged goods. :-P

  2. #3602
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    I hate Manhattan, the lay out is terrible. XD
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  3. #3603
    Senior Member Lord of Pirates's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Posts
    5,836
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    I knew it! I knew something was horribly wrong with you, but I couldn't lay my finger on it...
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDerek View Post
    Not at all, I was born in Manhattan
    It's highly likely that only Gyps will understand this post.

  4. #3604
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Something tells me Derek isn't super KSTATE0.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  5. #3605
    Member SuperDerek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    49
    Oh I could go on and on about what a trap that town is. Between the constant flow of college kids with student loans and the military wives living high on the hog who need minimum-wage work as a hobby, nobody pays a decent wage, and every apartment costs far more than it should. Aggieville is boring, the college kids are drunk idiots, and a lot of the military guys from Ft. Riley liked to bang our high-school girls in their off-time. The town's culture is basically centered around sports to an unhealthy degree, especially considering our pedigree of failure save for a few years under coach Snyder who they worship like some sort of god, by the way. The Briggs car dealership dynasty has a tight grasp on the city's short hairs, and there's an odd mix of super conservative and super liberal ensuring that neither group is happy. The place floods all of the time, our roads suck, the layout is terrible. The town-center is all but abandoned because no business could afford to rent there for god knows why. If there's one thing that unifies the people it's their love for K-State, the purple blight. But at least we can all take comfort that nobody who lives in Manhattan has to live in Ogden. /rant

  6. #3606
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDerek View Post
    Oh I could go on and on about what a trap that town is. Between the constant flow of college kids with student loans and the military wives living high on the hog who need minimum-wage work as a hobby, nobody pays a decent wage, and every apartment costs far more than it should. Aggieville is boring, the college kids are drunk idiots, and a lot of the military guys from Ft. Riley liked to bang our high-school girls in their off-time. The town's culture is basically centered around sports to an unhealthy degree, especially considering our pedigree of failure save for a few years under coach Snyder who they worship like some sort of god, by the way. The Briggs car dealership dynasty has a tight grasp on the city's short hairs, and there's an odd mix of super conservative and super liberal ensuring that neither group is happy. The place floods all of the time, our roads suck, the layout is terrible. The town-center is all but abandoned because no business could afford to rent there for god knows why. If there's one thing that unifies the people it's their love for K-State, the purple blight. But at least we can all take comfort that nobody who lives in Manhattan has to live in Ogden. /rant
    Well you completely figured out that town.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  7. #3607
    Senior Member Gypsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Moat of Pain
    Posts
    19,308
    And yes Omaha is basically the same town just replace purple with red and Snyder with Osborne. LOL.

    Spoiler: 
    Yeah Nebraska football had more success, but now it's similar.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

  8. #3608
    Senior Member zborgerd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Posts
    9,547
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDerek View Post
    Not at all, I was born in Manhattan, and moved away when I Turned ~21 I think. Moved up to Omaha because I wanted the taste of a bigger city. As it turned out, Omaha was just more of the same, so my wife and I decided to go crazy and move out to Seattle, which has been one of the best decisions we've made.


    Yep, I'm damaged goods. :-P
    My wife and I also left our hometown and moved reasonably far away, for a number of reasons. The primary motivating factor was the job market.

  9. #3609
    Senior Member JWiley_12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    United States of Belgium
    Posts
    9,852
    Persona 5 Take Your Heart Edition up for preorder at GS. $90...


    Persona 5 Take your Heart Edition Includes:
    Persona 5 Game
    SteelBook Collectible Case
    Soundtrack CD
    4" Morgana Plush
    64 Page Hardcover Art Book
    School Bag
    Collectible Outer Box
    http://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/pe...edition/131357

    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

  10. #3610
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,963
    Target Cartwheel has 35% off Xbox Live 1 year cards
    Nobody will tell me how to live.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •