Page 10 of 543 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: People Will Like You If You're Too Stingy, Steve (Game Deals thread)

^I know the Czech Republic has Tesco, which is kind of Walmart meets a Supermarket so they have games and movies and carp.

But talking about supermarkets makes me sad. I remeber we used to have the greatest supermarket of all time in the US, Auchan, but now they are only in Europe. My God their Napoleons were fantastic. They were like a rich man's fiesta.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Interesting, never heard of games being sold in supermarkets 0-0

Well here in Puerto Rico things are very different from the locations mentioned so far. Brick and Mortar is king for some reason, people tend to shop online less (maybe because the retardation of online retailers towards PR?) as a result there are over 40 gamestop locations in such a tiny island. There are no other competing local game stores (play n' trade was here for a while but closed down fast, not sure if any location still survives) however there are some retro game stores (though I have yet to visit one X_X). Every single mall and most shopping centers has at least 1 GS (some can have up to 3, maybe 4), they seem gluttonously wealthy too... <_<. All in all it's really much like Starbucks in New York lol. Personally I prefer to buy online, I dislike GS policy and well... giving money to them at all.

Everyone knows mailing things to Puerto Rico is like mailing things to Antarctica! The general lack of understanding that mail to PR isn't international is pretty sad.

Yeah I mean even some postal employees don't know...that's the worst part imo.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post

Everyone knows mailing things to Puerto Rico is like mailing things to Antarctica! The general lack of understanding that mail to PR isn't international is pretty sad.
    lol that's funny.

And yes, I honestly don't get what's the deal @_@ the crazy part is that this wasn't the case up until some years ago. Once upon a time you could buy online from US locations and product shipping was charged like regular US shipments. Amazon used to give us free shipping on orders over $25 and everything, I have no idea what caused this change. And it's ridiculous that people can bypass this shipping issue by just mailing it yet retailers and postal services don't seem to comprehend that. I mean we can mail to the US just fine lol it's not international or anything ^^".

Killer is Dead is $9.99 new at Amazon/GameStop.

GS PS3 - http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/games/killer-is-dead/107847
    GS 360 - http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/gam...is-dead/107846

Amazon PS3 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
    Amazon 360 - http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...6392330&sr=8-1

I have heard they all are first print copies so far. Also there is a promo to get $5 off at GameStop http://www.kongregate.com/pages/lionheart-promo so you can get a new copy for $5.

You heard they were first print copies? From where T_T

Not surprising. Every Gamestop still has multiple copies of the LE for both systems. I'd get these from Gamestop btw, when Amazon has that 1-3 week window they mean it, and it's usually closer to the late end. I found this out with some blu-rays recently. It looks like the LE sku is out of their system, so if you go pick one up there the LE should ring up at $10 too.

Edit: Whats the deal with first print copies vs not? Not really into Suda games.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    You heard they were first print copies? From where T_T
    http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/3...amestop/page-4

Sounds like people ordering from Amazon are getting the LE. Most people from GS too but I'm sure there are stores that gut the game and "lose" the extras.

Oh so you just meant the LE. Yeah like I said Gamestop is loaded down with copies of the LE and the new SKU is out of their system. You'd just have to go to your local Gamestop and check but last time I went my Gamestop had over 5 copies for each system.

Yeah the first print copies are the LE like with The Last Story. I'm not a fan of Suda 51 games either (No More Heroes was decent) but they usually since interesting and always get pretty cheap so I don't mind giving them a shot. The last one I tried was Shadows of the Damned and I got bored with it. This one seems worth it for the extras especially at this price.