Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Request Thread

I really kinda dislike these game requests threads, because they end up just being lists of unreleased Japanese games, and as the thread goes longer we get more and more obscure titles. I think a poll where each user only can pick one game is a much better indicator of where the greatest fan interest lies. I'm not picky with my RPGs so pretty much ANY release is going to be welcome by me. That said, I would like to share my short list of logical, financially responsible, and plausible games:

Valkyria Chronicles 3 The game has a strong cult following, and I think it would do well sales-wise compared to most PSP titles outside of Type-0. The series already had a foothold in the US. Vic does have some experience bringing Sega games over, although I doubt the company is even close to similar to what it was back then. A good response could help open the door for Shining down the road.

Unchained Blades 2 XSEED hasn't mentioned picking it up yet, and the game sells to the same core group that Class of Heroes does. I'm not saying I want Gaijinworks to become synonymous with dungeon crawlers; but there probably isn't a ton of text to translate and again the series already has a foothold in the US.

Class of Heroes: Chrono Academy Yes, I know it has been said that it will come after 3 and 4 if they are successful. Personally, I would rather see this come first, and then have the series "back filled" with 3 and 4. I think that putting up the best game (I'm figuring its considered the best and more accessible, not sure though) while the PSP is still kind of lukewarm is the best way to go. Plus, I'm sure it also has the hardest translation so I'd rather see it knocked out of the way first.

Slightly below this is the Frontier Gate series. The games just look super cool, and Tri Ace games at least have a foothold in the US. But I figure this is just more wishful thinking than anything.

oh ya, Chrono Academy..........i remember that now, and i agree with that suggestion as well.

One I'd really like to see come over that would probably be very easy to localize and cheap to license is Dot Defense. It's a Tower Defense game made to be just like an NES game (think Megaman9) with some neat features like the ability to create your own maps and chiptunes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjceIQ3EKEQ

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    One I'd really like to see come over that would probably be very easy to localize and cheap to license is Dot Defense. It's a Tower Defense game made to be just like an NES game (think Megaman9) with some neat features like the ability to create your own maps and chiptunes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjceIQ3EKEQ
    I'm in love with the art style really would love to see this game localized :P

My wishlist would be:

Valkyria Chronicles 3 (PSP) - I doubt Sega will let Vic work on this but hey, a person can dream.

Half Minute Hero sequel (PSP) - XSEED has stated they will not localize the sequel and Marvelous AQL did run a poll a long while back about interest in a localized version of the Half Minute Hero sequel. I hope Vic tries at least to get the rights to localize it. I know a bunch of people that would love to buy this if it's coming to the west.

Suikoden I & II (PSP) or Suikoden II (PSX) - All I want is Suikoden II to come here so I can buy it and play it.

Intelligent Qube (PSX) - Yeah it's a PS One classic but this is probably one of the many PSX games I want to come to PSN. I've played the demo like crazy and I always wanted to buy this game but it was so hard to find in stores back then.

My wishlist for games to be brought out of Japan (for the PSP/Vita)...

Valkyria Chronicles 3
    Frontier Gate
    Macross 30th anniversary edition (My screen name alone should be a giveaway as to why)
    Suikoden 1 & 2. I'm lucky that I still have both for the PSX, but to play the second one on the go would be awesome.
    God Eater 2. I hope Bandai decides to bring it over, but if not? I'd love to see Gaijinworks handle it.

I swear there's one I'm missing. I'd mention Rockman DASH!, but I know better. Otherwise, let's see, what other games would I love to see ported over from Japan...

What about Phantasy Star Portable: Infinity? I think that's the name. I know there's all those licensing issues with character likenesses (wasn't the Colonel from KFC in the game?), though.
    Last edited by macross_green; 04-24-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PW_Patrick View Post
    Not that I don't understand why they're hesitant. Trails in the Sky SC is taking them forever and Kiseki games in general seem to be huge undertakings for translation teams...honestly I think it would *require* multiple localization groups to get all of them over here in a timely manner. At the very least, I would love to see Gaijinworks do Zero no Kiseki Evolution and Sen no Kiseki.

To clarify the size of that project, I'll go ahead and make myself the first to post the pic of the Sora no Kiseki trilogy transscripts here at Gaijinworks. Note that these are the Japanese books, so...very condensed language.

Attachment 35

And frankly, I find myself wishing for a Vic translation of Trails in the Sky every time Olivier or Schera open their mouths.
    Ugh, I hate that picture and here's why: XSEED *knew* what the translation was like when they announced to bring the series over. It's not like Falcom trolled them and said "ROFL look big script!" after the fact. I don't like mowing the grass and then not raking the lawn afterwards. I don't making dinner and leaving dirty dishes in the sink. That is basically what they did here. And yeah, sure, they are still working on SC. Then we have to worry about the 3rd part. As far as the rest of the series, I don't get angry about those not being translated because they weren't announced, and aren't part of a direct trilogy.

With all that said, I still support XSEED and enjoy their work. I can be upset by a move and still support a company. This one really upsets me, and it's prevented me from getting FC thus far just so it doesn't bother me more.

Valkyria Chronicles III really does seem like a popular answer. I really gotta check out the series ASAP.

XSeeds excuse for that is that FC didn't sell enough for them to justify dedicating more staff to SC. As a result it's taking forever.

Of course FC probably would have sold better if it wasn't for the fact that it's basically half a game, and a lot of people decided not to get it until the second half was available.

Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    Valkyria Chronicles III really does seem like a popular answer. I really gotta check out the series ASAP.
    It's a great series, and an innovative one too. It's actually western friendly and even harsh reviewers gave the games a good score. It's a damn shame the second one was released when PSP was at it's worst, it didn't meet Sega's expectations and given their financial status they declined in bringing #3 over. Aside from the 3 Wii games from Operation Rainfall(which already got localized) VC3 is the most requested game to get localized on the net. If Vic is ever able to pick up that game a statue of him will probably get erected somewhere in the west XD.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast