Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You've been playing a while, why not take a break? (Nintendo game message)

You've been playing a while, why not take a break? (Nintendo game message)

What are your thoughts on that? I find it incredibly annoying and not a factor in my decision whether to continue playing or not.

Do you heed these words?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by storino03; 07-24-2014 at 12:56 PM.

What the hell are you talking about? I haven't played a Nintendo system in a while, but are you seriously telling me the console tells you to take a break. Just when I thought Nintendo can't get sadder. I'd rather watch a performance of Pagliacci at this point.

Yeah, in several modern Nintendo games you get that message after a while.

It's bit annoying because obviously Nintendo should stay out of how you spend your time, but I wouldn't make more of it. There are waaaaayyyyy more irritating things in gaming.

In the new Zelda 3DS game, it appears every 30min or so of playing the game!

Yeah, also in Animal Crossing villagers tell you after a while that you look tired and should take a break. Like I said, it's a bit annoying, but nowhere near as annoying as (always online) DRM, in game advertising, useless microtransactions, some DLC such horse armour, ...

But granted, they could've included an option to turn the message off.

Also think about it this way: maybe they added those messages to prevent law suits against them, btw. Because those health and safety warnings when you boot up a game are there because some people actually took Nintendo to court after getting ill from playing way too long. Which was obviously entirely Nintendo's fault. ::rollseyes::

Similarly you could then complain about McDonald's putting up messages everywhere about healthy food, reminding you constantly you shouldn't really eat their food. Also the result of that type of law suits.

I guess that is true. Covering bases, so to speak.

I think people should not be mental ill. Coffee is hot, if you spill coffee on yourself this leads to pain. I understand the world has become sue happy, and the companies want to cut off potential lawsuits, but its getting a bit much.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    In the new Zelda 3DS game, it appears every 30min or so of playing the game!
    Efffffffffffffff off Nintendo.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    I think people should not be mental ill. Coffee is hot, if you spill coffee on yourself this leads to pain. I understand the world has become sue happy, and the companies want to cut off potential lawsuits, but its getting a bit much.
    Agree 100%. Cover it in the fine print, move on.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    At Jwiley: We're past the point of anyone caring about standards for DLC, there's plenty of horse armor out there at this point and hardly anyone cares anymore :\.

While I agree that there should be an option to turn it off, I doubt this is covering a legal base so much as trying to win points from parents by encouraging children to take breaks.
    Last edited by Lord of Pirates; 07-24-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast