Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Goodwill opens up video game-themed store called "The Grid" in NC

TempestOne
    Might open my sealed games soon in VC - Valkyria 'cuz I just want to, ...Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    Agarest War is terrible though. :/

@Storino: I still need to pick up DQS. It's like $5 or something at Gamestop but I'm just lazy sometimes. XD
    Coming from someone who likes Toki to Towa.

Agarest is not terrible at all, in fact its pretty dam good strategy rpg. First of all it brings rare used dating sim elements to a relatively mainstream jrpg. It has a pretty fun story, a lot of side quest and after story material to do. Its basically the demons souls of the strategy based games because its hard as hell, by far one of the hardest games of this type. Dam King Midas, and he is not even close to the hardest. Character are actually pretty likeable like Toma. I mean I really don't see your problem with the game unless you are one of those who moan and whine when something is too difficult, because difficultly is basically its only drawback, though some see it as a bonus.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Coming from someone who likes Toki to Towa.

Agarest is not terrible at all, in fact its pretty dam good strategy rpg. First of all it brings rare used dating sim elements to a relatively mainstream jrpg. It has a pretty fun story, a lot of side quest and after story material to do. Its basically the demons souls of the strategy based games because its hard as hell, by far one of the hardest games of this type. Dam King Midas, and he is not even close to the hardest. Character are actually pretty likeable like Toma. I mean I really don't see your problem with the game unless you are one of those who moan and whine when something is too difficult, because difficultly is basically its only drawback, though some see it as a bonus.
    I actually think that the art and gameplay in Agarest look pretty good. I just hear that it's grind-heavy, and I don't have time for that these days. I do own Zero, so I'll probably give it a shot some day.

The gameplay is terrible, don't let it trick you Zborg. It's one of the worst games I've ever played.

@Klown: I wouldn't say Agarest is hard, just time consuming by nature. I'm guessing (correct me if I'm wrong) you would probably say Demon Souls is hard too (it's not that hard, it is actually easy imho). I don't whine about difficulty, I enjoy games that are truly challenging, and also play games with self imposed challenges. This game doesn't deserve the time commitment that it requires for me. The story was nothing to write home about. The gameplay is boring and a complete mess at times. There are just so many better options within the genre.

I'm sure you see something in this game, but I sure don't. *shrug* Feel free to respond, but don't respect a reply from me, I've already wasted enough time talking about this game. :P
    Last edited by Gypsy; 09-01-2014 at 02:31 AM. Reason: less inflammatory
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

TempestOne
    I like all dating-sims that've come from North America.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011