Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Square Enix unsure if DQ7 would sell well in NA

Square Enix unsure if DQ7 would sell well in NA

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/31...l-sell-enough/

This has got to be the biggest piece of crap I've heard from Square Enix, It's freaking Dragon Quest, why wouldn't it sell well

Watch, they probably pull a "only on the new 3DS+ models".

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    Watch, they probably pull a "only on the new 3DS+ models".
    that won't happen, the game has been out in Japan for quite some time now, doing that would turn the NA DQ fanbase away from SE completely not to mention they'd have to remake it a second time to make use of the newer 3DS specs

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Among many reasons, this is why I hate Square-Enix. This stuff makes me sick.

They seem to have determined that their business model doesn't involve their old fans, much like SEGA has. Really blows my mind that we got Drakengard 3 over here though. But they put so little money and effort into the smaller releases, they seem to only care about Final Fantasy and Eidos franchises these days.

Probably would take Nintendo to release future Dragon Quest games, as was the trend with others like VI on the DS

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/08/31...l-sell-enough/

This has got to be the biggest piece of crap I've heard from Square Enix, It's freaking Dragon Quest, why wouldn't it sell well
    Perhaps they have a loftier definition of "well" than reality.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    i lieu with this sometimes i wonder why there are no american companies that would want to emulate the japanese type of gameplay since there is a market for that sort of thing here in the west.i mean i'm tired of the japanese wanting everything to be multi-million dollar seller ala final fantasies of yesteryear and because of that people here in the west are treated with contempt by the likes of square,namco etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Among many reasons, this is why I hate Square-Enix. This stuff makes me sick.

They seem to have determined that their business model doesn't involve their old fans, much like SEGA has. Really blows my mind that we got Drakengard 3 over here though. But they put so little money and effort into the smaller releases, they seem to only care about Final Fantasy and Eidos franchises these days.

Probably would take Nintendo to release future Dragon Quest games, as was the trend with others like VI on the DS
    It would look good on Nintendo's end in the long run if they were the ones to snatch the remake up,

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Still doesn't improve their standing in the eyes of the fanbase for the series' that the company is trying to pretend never existed in the first place like the Saga and Mana series', others like Secret of Evermore needs remakes, this isn't the place for that so I won't continue that topic now

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by perrandy View Post
    i lieu with this sometimes i wonder why there are no american companies that would want to emulate the japanese type of gameplay since there is a market for that sort of thing here in the west.i mean i'm tired of the japanese wanting everything to be multi-million dollar seller ala final fantasies of yesteryear and because of that people here in the west are treated with contempt by the likes of square,namco etc etc
    I think that Namco is getting better. We are getting more Tales games, for what it's worth.

Biggest problem that I have with a lot of these big companies is that they buy up the older brands and IP, and let them fade into obscurity. S-E with Taito, Konami with Hudson. MS with Rare. Rare makes Kinect Sports games now! This industry is mind-numbing. Rare is just a name for a Microsoft house now. There is even Capcom and its Clover division, or the fact that Mega Man had to become Mighty No. 9 to continue. Or SEGA and all of its long lost brands. They basically are just a publisher anymore that makes a few Sonic games every year or two to keep their handful of remaining in-house devs employed.

The more I see this industry change, the less it looks like there is a future for these huge studios. Smaller companies and independent teams are making better games. Everyone else is just shoveling ports onto mobile.

I'm sure DQ7 will come stateside. They are probably using it as a PR move to see if the fans still want it. DQ7 news is still news to them.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast