Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Square Enix unsure if DQ7 would sell well in NA

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    Dragon Quest Dynasty Warriors! It won't come West.
    Gundam, Fist of the North Star, and Zelda came west. I would say this has at least a 50/50. Besides Japan and the US are in the same region now, and a DW game can be played without too much effort.

Quote Originally Posted by ramzastrife View Post
    Dragon Quest Dynasty Warriors! It won't come West.
    Well, if nothing else - they shouldn't be able to use the excuse of "wah, there's too much text" for it.

Yeah I was gonna say, we've been getting musous recently so we will probably get it.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/01...playstation-4/

This is interesting, the first DQ game in several years not an Nintendo exclusive

I hope SE decides to bring this over, i'm sure it would sell pretty good..

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/09/01...playstation-4/

This is interesting, the first DQ game in several years not an Nintendo exclusive
    It is, but it's sorta debatable that it's a "real" Dragon Quest game. It's sorta like all of the Dragon Quest (Monsters) and Final Fantasy (Crystal Chronicles) spin-offs that showed up on Nintendo machines when flagship DQ games were solely on the PS1 and PS2.

I don't think that they've announced where Dragon Quest XI will land yet. I'll be it's whichever platform simply has the largest Japanese install base. That may very well still mean PS3 if we're talking consoles, or 3DS if we're looking at portables. I doubt Wii (original) will be considered at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    It is, but it's sorta debatable that it's a "real" Dragon Quest game. It's sorta like all of the Dragon Quest (Monsters) and Final Fantasy (Crystal Chronicles) spin-offs that showed up on Nintendo machines when flagship DQ games were solely on the PS1 and PS2.

I don't think that they've announced where Dragon Quest XI will land yet. I'll be it's whichever platform simply has the largest Japanese install base. That may very well still mean PS3 if we're talking consoles, or 3DS if we're looking at portables. I doubt Wii (original) will be considered at this point.
    PS3 would be a waste for Dragon Quest XI since it will eventually be replaced completely by PS4 if SE decides to pair up with Sony
    I just hope it's not a second MMO
    Final Fantasy XIV is a disappointment, one MMO is enough for a series so Final Fantasy XI should have been the first and last FF MMO
    It would be sad to see the Dragon Quest series fall like the Final Fantasy series has

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post

I agree. In Japan there was this Dragon Quest meets Final Fantasy Itadaki Street thing or something on the PSP. Those spinoffs can jump to other platforms, it seems.

It wouldn't surprise me if the next mainline Dragon Quest is on 3DS. Decent install base now in Japan, and way cheaper development costs than PS4.

And I would like to add that Square Enix seems to really have no clue. They seem to be completely out of touch with the reality of the video games industry and are just extremely lucky that they own some franchises with very loyal fanbases, who would buy the next entry regardless of how horrible it is. Terrible company nowadays. The Japanese EA, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    And I would like to add that Square Enix seems to really have no clue. They seem to be completely out of touch with the reality of the video games industry and are just extremely lucky that they own some franchises with very loyal fanbases, who would buy the next entry regardless of how horrible it is. Terrible company nowadays. The Japanese EA, so to speak.
    *nods*

They are wading across the river on bloated corpses at the moment. Some people thought Bravely Default could save them, but no one game can.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    *nods*

They are wading across the river on bloated corpses at the moment. Some people thought Bravely Default could save them, but no one game can.
    Bravely Default just shows that people like the games that they publish better than the games that they actually make. Funny that they didn't even publish it in English, but Nintendo did. So S-E did nothing but fund the development. They didn't even market it here.

Most of their in-house stuff simply stinks, in spite of massive budgets. Dragon Quest is probably the most notable exception, but it's been so long since we've seen a new game over here. Who knows how the next one might turn out?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast