Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What was your first Working Designs game and fondest memory?

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Alundra 2 deserves any bad comments it gets, if only because of it's name and the fact that it has nothing to do with Alundra.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    Someone decided to try to take advantage of the first game being good and grab some cash.
    Yea but you can't take advantage unless you own the rights. So either it was made by the same company, or they sold the rights to the name, in both cases its the fault of the originally developer if they had a problem.

Hell its not like its the first time its happened, let alone in rpgs. There is no such thing as final fantasy legends, its 3 separate games that had FF stuck to the name.

Ironically you also have the flip-side, I still remember mobile police light force 1 and 2. For some reason they took two legendary shump franchises in Gunbird and Castle Shikigami, and decided to put a crapty Charlie's angel cover on the front, and its the same cover for both.

Honestly I hate the American covers from the nes-snes eras, they took awesome anime covers and replaced them with janky 3rd covers, where half the time the women looked like men.

Actually I just checked the same company made both, and funny enough they also made dual hearts, the game I also said is occasionally viewed as an Ocarina clone.

TempestOne
    Last edited by TempestOne; 02-08-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrownKlown View Post
    Ironically you also have the flip-side, I still remember mobile police light force 1 and 2. For some reason they took two legendary shump franchises in Gunbird and Castle Shikigami, and decided to put a crapty Charlie's angel cover on the front, and its the same cover for both.

Honestly I hate the American covers from the nes-snes eras, they took awesome anime covers and replaced them with janky 3rd covers, where half the time the women looked like men.
    I don't even know what happened there. So baddddddddddd.

And yeah NES and SNES have to have the record for games where the cover art makes absolutely no sense.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

TempestOne
    Last edited by TempestOne; 02-08-2014 at 08:43 PM.

Living here in Jersey, fighting villains from afar
    Lunar Silver Star Story Complete.

Every time I hear the boat song I tear up. It's such a precious memory. I only got to play Eternal Blue fairly recently, and I wish I had it when I was younger, there are so many awesome heroines in it that I would have idolized as a kid like I did with Jessica de Alkirk, lol.

Lunar just means so much to me. I get such warm feelings whenever I think about anything having to do Lunar.
    Last edited by ninjamitsuki; 01-17-2014 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TempestOne View Post
    Gosh, I was so young when the NES was out that I barely remember the cover art or how the boxes looked like. I only really remember them in the black, plastic sleeves and that's it. Weren't the stickers on the cartridges the same thing, anyway? I don't think it matters. I was too glued playing in front of the T.V. that I didn't care what the (expletive) was on the whatever. Hehe.

I've done some research online recently and I've been traveling back in time regarding some of my favorite videogames. What a trip.
    I didn't start collecting or even bothered with games until the disc eras, with the ps2/ tail end of the ps1 being the start for me. But just go and look at Nes, Snes, Genesis, even Saturn and some ps1 game covers. Then look at the original Japanese ones.

Here is one example

Time gal

US version

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespo...7119_front.jpg

JPN version

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/4...17944front.jpg

http://ccctour.avalanche-hq.com/char...ull/reika2.jpg

And for the record this is what the game looks like

http://img.gamefaqs.net/screens/8/7/...7119_2_161.jpg

it sure as hell does not look like the cruddy American cover;

here is another one, actually this one is a far worse offender, because the difference is not only cover art, but game design, its the same game, and technically the US came out first I think but;

We get this Sulfuric Gas Cloud
    US - Pandemonium

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/...demonium_f.png

And the Japanese get

Japanese - magical hoppers

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__...al_hoppers.png

Jesus Christ. That is supposed to be the same game, and I would not take the US one for free, and would gladly pay money for the JPN one.

TempestOne
    Last edited by TempestOne; 02-08-2014 at 08:43 PM.

My issue is that a lot of game I buy are for collector's sake, so I would buy the nice anime design game, but balk at the horrendous US one. And then often times I miss out on awesome anime style games because the cover looks nothing like the game, holy crap Warsong looks like crap, but if they didn't have little in game pictures on the back I wouldn't have known it basically looks and plays like FF or DQ.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast