Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What was your first Working Designs game and fondest memory?

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    You guys can actually listen to that guy?

He loses me after the first 10 seconds.
    it's funny you criticize us for looking at it when the dude has subscribers in the 5 digits, clearly alot of people like him.

Edit: Hey Vic, a alternate way to get the word out for certain games you release could be to contact certain Let's Players to Spread the word out.

My first game was Lunar SSS. Loved the game. But my fondest memory was playing Iron Storm and having the ability to level up my P-38 Lightning's and my P-51 Mustangs. I personally love the WWII era. Vic, I've always wondered, what is your opinion of Iron Storm? It was so different then any other game you did. I've never seen a comment from you about Iron Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Brigandine View Post
    My first game was Lunar SSS. Loved the game. But my fondest memory was playing Iron Storm and having the ability to level up my P-38 Lightning's and my P-51 Mustangs. I personally love the WWII era. Vic, I've always wondered, what is your opinion of Iron Storm? It was so different then any other game you did. I've never seen a comment from you about Iron Storm.
    I played Iron Storm's core engine on the PC-Engine years before many times, on many games, including Super Big Strategy, which I reviewed, I think, in TurboPlay. Most of those games were based on the Micronet strategy engine. I *loved* Iron Storm. It was part of a package of games I licensed from the head of SEGA CC Consumersoft, Shigeta-san, at the same time (Iron Storm, Dragon Force, and...the third, I forget which that was). I just wish we could have carried on with it. That XBOX360 hex-based war strategy game was also based on the Micronet engine, but the polish was nowhere near what Iron Storm was.

Arc the Lad Collection was my first one, didn't get a SEGA-CD until a couple of years ago actually even if I did play the Lunars on the PS1. I always loved the art style of Arc the Lad 1 when I saw the Japanese version and I desperately wanted that game. It made me incredibly happy when the entire collection finally got localized.

For me Arc the Lad 2 is a top 5 PS1 RPG and I've played virtually all of them. Sadly the first one in the series was too short and the third felt pointless and didn't live up to the high standard of the second. Still a great collection that I will always treasure.

I'm still on the second Arc the Lad. I really need to get back into it. One of the best packages from WD.

TempestOne
    Last edited by TempestOne; 02-08-2014 at 08:49 PM. Reason: I randomly capitalized a second letter.

The first game I owned was probably Lunar.

The first I beat was Alundra.

My favorite is probably Growlanser Generations.

First owned? I surely can't remember.

First beat Vanguard Bandits.

Favourite probably Lunar 2 but I mean it's really hard to choose.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    The first one that I beat was Exile... Really great game. I know people diss the sequel but I'd still like it if I can find it for a reasonable price. That would complete my WD TG16 collection.

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    I ran through Vanguard bandits from start to finish in a single sitting. I had been hoarding experience for Bastion without realize losing someone in a battle lowered their relationship and got the bad ending. I went through it again not long after and got the Empire ending. I've gone through Growlanser 2 so many times that I've lost count.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast