Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooters!

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    My avatar shows my love for WD "non-RPG" games. I have every WD shooter (only missing a handful of WD games in general). It's a favorite genre of mine along with RPGs.

Hard to say where my love for the genre started, but it was probably Life Force on the NES. I have a large amount of shooters from 8-bit to modern. My favorites are probably the old Compile games. Not been playing as many modern shooters lately but I have a few new Cave games on-hand when I get a chance to fire them up.
    The old Compile shooters are awesome indeed. Too bad about the prices they currently go for... :-(
    I think only the NES version of Zanac is somewhat cheap. All the other games fetch hefty prices, even in Japan.
    Last edited by JWiley_12; 09-06-2014 at 12:01 AM.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    The old Compile shooters are awesome indeed. Too bad about the prices they currently go for... :-(
    I think only the NES version of Zanac is somewhat cheap. All the other games fetch hefty prices, even in Japan.
    Yeah. I've pretty much given up hope on getting Gun Nac and Musha. Their PCE games aren't too had to find though and some of the Aleste and Spriggan games are more reasonable than others. Gunhed is a favorite of mine.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    But not in the US. Chaos Field however is available in the US on cube. USC is by far the cheapest way to have all those games.
    *checks Gamecube collection*

Oh look, Chaos Field! Derp!

Also an import Star Soldier, just because.

Yeah I have it on Gamecube too. It was really cheap. Pretty sure I got it on clearance at Kmart but it's a long time ago so I can't be fully sure.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Yeah. I've pretty much given up hope on getting Gun Nac and Musha. Their PCE games aren't too had to find though and some of the Aleste and Spriggan games are more reasonable than others. Gunhed is a favorite of mine.
    I didn't realize the Spriggan games were by Compile, or at least partially. Still need to pick up Gunhed, but that one's fairly easy to find and not cheap but not overly expensive either.

But currently Aleste and Aleste 2 are top of my list. I was this close to picking up a CIB Aleste for around €100/US$130 a couple of months ago, but someone beat me to it... On eBay they go for over US$200.
    Anyway, already managed to land a CIB copy of Zanac Ex for €91/US$118 shipped, which while pricey, is a really good deal, I think. I don't think I've ever seen a copy of it on eBay. So they either go fast at whatever is asked for them or are just very rare.

The only Aleste I have is Robo Aleste for Sega CD. It's currently sitting happily near Keio Flying Squadron. I know Sega CD got a bad reputation but I was always really happy with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesac68 View Post
    The only Aleste I have is Robo Aleste for Sega CD. It's currently sitting happily near Keio Flying Squadron. I know Sega CD got a bad reputation but I was always really happy with mine.
    I had never heard of the game, and just watched a video. Looks like a completely different breed of shooter compared to the original games. The only thing they have seemingly retained are the oval-ish spoils you get from killing enemies.

Yikes!
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Keio-Flying-...item3a9692f0d1

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    It's a good game, but yea that price is a joke.

Yeah it's worth about 45% of that.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabrizo1 View Post
    It's a good game, but yea that price is a joke.
    I wonder what the price would have been if it was a brand new game.

Page 2 of 119 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast