Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65

Thread: Class of Heroes 2 for PSP European release

  1. #11
    Just curious Tuu-- did you miss out on the physical edition? Is getting a US account not an option?

    As JRPG fan from childhood- it really does hurt to not get the games you really want. The pain of not getting Final Fantasy V and the Romancing Saga games still hurts to this day!

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by daylightdies View Post
    Just curious Tuu-- did you miss out on the physical edition? Is getting a US account not an option?

    As JRPG fan from childhood- it really does hurt to not get the games you really want. The pain of not getting Final Fantasy V and the Romancing Saga games still hurts to this day!
    Of course it's an option, but not too pleasant. Having to switch between accounts just to play games on a same console just because some European versions of games, even in digital format, do not exist, it just doesn't make any sense in this day and age. Of course it's possible to make the account, get the US PSN point cards and all that, but when it comes to that, it just... feels so superfluous. Might as well just install CFW and get all the games the shady way, way less complicated and costs no money. Of course, it's definitely wrong, but when even a digital-only release skips Europe, and there's nothing that can be done about it as a customer, other than registering a user account for a whole different region to buy the game, I just give up.

    I'm more than ready to give my money to games that I've waited for, that come to my region equally with the US market. And since it was originally announced that CoH2 would come for PSP in Europe, too, of course I waited since I wanted to use the service that was meant for me, a gamer living in Europe. Being a fan of more niche games, having to use the online store of another region and getting that region's currency in there just to get access to the games without resorting to piracy... what the hell is wrong with releasing games in Europe? Like, seriously, is it really that hard to make it like in the US? And I'm not directing this question at Vic here, I'm rather sympathetic towards publishers who struggle to get their games out in Europe just because the process is so much of a pain in the ass. Rather, I'm directing the question at PEGI and all the other factors making European localization way too asinine that it needs to be.

    It's like the recent digital-only treatment we've got hasn't been enough, sometimes games just flat out aren't brought in here. I'm still bitter about Yggdra Union for not making its way back here, one of the greatest games I've ever seen Sting put out. And seeing it and many other Atlus-published Sting games on sale so frequently in the US PSN I have thought many times: why didn't I just make an US account in the first place? Maybe it was because there was a same service that was meant for people living in Europe, that for some godly reason still has difficulties in not having an inferior selection of games compared to the US one. (BTW, sorry that Breath of Fire 3 PSP is pretty much the only JRPG for PSP the US is missing on PSN, but compare their situation to ours in general and be glad you're on the other side of the fence. We're still lacking the BoF4, even though that game was released in here, too.) It just sucks for everyone involved, especially if you're one of the few PSP gamers who really don't want to resort to piracy, because you believe that even in its inferior form, PSP is one of the best handheld consoles you've ever played. But every time one game never makes its way to European PSN I die a little inside. It's like fighting a futile fight against common opinion and losing money in the process. At least I've given my money to the developers that have passed the hurdle of bringing games over here.

    Oh, and about the physical copy thing... guess who has two thumbs and has a PSP Go? Yeah, of course I bought it after I heard how the games would be released in digital form on PSN! It's not like the usual digital-only-treatment would then even affect me, I still get the games right OH WAIT

    Not counting all these not-come-over-here and cancelled games, I don't regret getting a PSP Go, especially now that Vita has come and Vita TV is coming. I get to play my whole PSP game collection with a few exceptions on Vita, or with a DualShock 3 on TV, if I want to, with no additional costs. Can't do that with pirated games (unless you use a computer, but we're talking about real consoles with really bought games here, and I want to walk that road as far as I can.) That is also why I Was expecting CoH2 to appear on EU PSN so much. I wanted it so bad, especially since Atlus published the first game and it never came to Europe, too, so I thought that maybe now the far superior sequel would make the omission of the first one not suck so much. Guess not, then.

    This turned out to be quite a long rant, longer than I anticipated. I just hope that Vic wouldn't completely give up with the PSP version, even though it seems impossible. Just look what happened with Rune Factory 4.

  3. #13
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,961
    Most I could suggest is to get the physical copy & complain to sony of Europe and their crappy changes and policies.

  4. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Most I could suggest is to get the physical copy & complain to sony of Europe and their crappy changes and policies.
    Trust me, I've tried. I've received a reply only a handful of times, and even then it has been dodging the issue at hand and the same old "check our home page for updates." It seems like only developers and publishers get to know the hardships that come with releasing a game in Europe, and for understandable reasons they aren't too eager to tell about them to us consumers. It just sucks that the only things I can do as a consumer is to a) buy the game from another region's store, and make the European Store look like even more not worth it, or b) pirate the game, which doesn't get any money to the people who made the game or c) not buy the game at all because you want to support the marketplace that is directed to you, and miss out on a great game.

    Of course, sending all the messages to publishers has been one of my regular activities ever since I started my studies, and I once had a very fruitful conversation with NISA about these things, and after a while they managed to make some of their published games available on Finnish PSN. Yeah, even though the European release happens, sometimes some countries are left out. For example, every Kemco RPG Natsume has published has been officially released in European PSN way later than in the US, but even then I can't buy them because I live in Finland. I've tried to contact Natsume and ask about what gives, but no answers.

    And on the other hand, NISA has managed to handle their latest releases with the European release following the US one during the same week (mostly, for example, Akiba's Trip is released in here today and I'm waiting my copy to arrive just as I'm writing this). Why is it that some companies, relatively smaller ones, too, don't have these problems with releasing games in Europe, but some companies do? Even XSeed managed to make their YS and Corpse Party games available on European PSN, why not Gaijinworks? I would really like to hear Vic's opinion on this matter.

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuupopopo View Post
    Trust me, I've tried. I've received a reply only a handful of times, and even then it has been dodging the issue at hand and the same old "check our home page for updates." It seems like only developers and publishers get to know the hardships that come with releasing a game in Europe, and for understandable reasons they aren't too eager to tell about them to us consumers. It just sucks that the only things I can do as a consumer is to a) buy the game from another region's store, and make the European Store look like even more not worth it, or b) pirate the game, which doesn't get any money to the people who made the game or c) not buy the game at all because you want to support the marketplace that is directed to you, and miss out on a great game.

    Of course, sending all the messages to publishers has been one of my regular activities ever since I started my studies, and I once had a very fruitful conversation with NISA about these things, and after a while they managed to make some of their published games available on Finnish PSN. Yeah, even though the European release happens, sometimes some countries are left out. For example, every Kemco RPG Natsume has published has been officially released in European PSN way later than in the US, but even then I can't buy them because I live in Finland. I've tried to contact Natsume and ask about what gives, but no answers.

    And on the other hand, NISA has managed to handle their latest releases with the European release following the US one during the same week (mostly, for example, Akiba's Trip is released in here today and I'm waiting my copy to arrive just as I'm writing this). Why is it that some companies, relatively smaller ones, too, don't have these problems with releasing games in Europe, but some companies do? Even XSeed managed to make their YS and Corpse Party games available on European PSN, why not Gaijinworks? I would really like to hear Vic's opinion on this matter.
    kind of out of topic but xseed completely forgot about unchained blades rexx on the eu psn. i ammore than happy to have completed it in japanese as there is not much story and lots of fight. about the kemco rpg on psn us, i haven't seen on the eu psn the latest like "XXX chronicles" (don't remember but this one is also available only on ios. all the games doesn't do it on the eu psn and honnestly living in Europe imply to live in the third world for so many years that import is not an option but mandatory. unfortunately this fact won't change that much. european rules are rigide...

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by sigfried View Post
    kind of out of topic but xseed completely forgot about unchained blades rexx on the eu psn. i ammore than happy to have completed it in japanese as there is not much story and lots of fight. about the kemco rpg on psn us, i haven't seen on the eu psn the latest like "XXX chronicles" (don't remember but this one is also available only on ios. all the games doesn't do it on the eu psn and honnestly living in Europe imply to live in the third world for so many years that import is not an option but mandatory. unfortunately this fact won't change that much. european rules are rigide...
    XSEED never released the sequel to Unchained Blades - the first game in the series sold poorly.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Puerto Rico
    Posts
    3,061
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFirewire View Post
    XSEED never released the sequel to Unchained Blades - the first game in the series sold poorly.
    A tragedy X_X

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    A tragedy X_X
    Yeah, especially since the first game didn't even make it to Europe at all.

    Vic, is there any way you could enlighten us as to what the actual problem that is holding the EU releases back is?

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    174
    From the answer I posted before, I think he decided it wouldn't sell enough to be worth the effort, now that the store on the psp itself is gone... I'm not so sure it'd make much difference myself though... I don't think I ever bought a single thing directly from the psp... I got everything from my PS3, or since it opened, the web store

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Legion-X View Post
    From the answer I posted before, I think he decided it wouldn't sell enough to be worth the effort, now that the store on the psp itself is gone... I'm not so sure it'd make much difference myself though... I don't think I ever bought a single thing directly from the psp... I got everything from my PS3, or since it opened, the web store
    Pretty much the same for me. I used to use PSP's Store sometimes to buy games for my console, but I used Media Go with most of my purchases in the beginning. When I got PS3 and the online store was opened, I made all my purchases from there. And since the online store works fine, I can just use that to buy the games and then the PSP's Store's download list to download the games to my PSP, no problem. So I think the main problem could be something else. The discontinuation of the PSP's own store application doesn't seem that big of a deal to me, especially since the online store does its job well and it shows all the PSP games available in the Store for that country.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •