Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Class of Heroes 2 for PSP European release

Quote Originally Posted by FlamingFirewire View Post
    XSEED never released the sequel to Unchained Blades - the first game in the series sold poorly.
    rexx is the first entry and exxiv the second. re read my post i was talking only of a non release in the european store of the first episode by xseed. the second was never a project in the west to begin with. of course the first episode sold poorly because xseed didn't even try to make any ad or physical release for it.

the game XXXX chronicles is mystic chronicles i think from kemco/natsume.

Alright, so I got this reply from Jawad in the comment section of the latest PSN update:

"I also have no information to share with regards to Class of Heroes 2 for Europe. By the sounds of it it would need resubmitting to be considered for a release, which is of course up to the publisher."

I would like to hear Vic's point of view on the matter as soon as he is able to be active in the forums again, to know if it's really this or are they just passing the blame. Just to generally know what went wrong with the PSP version's release in general.

Alright, so XSEED managed to release Brandish in Europe. Quite funny, I must say, it's like releasing a PSP game in Europe, even this late, is... possible!

It just seems so strange since there was this one particular PSP game called Class of Heroes 2 that never arrived contrary to some earlier claims, and after a while both Vic and Monkeypaw went silent over it, not giving any sort of official answers about its cancellation. I had to find out via other forum users that there was one vague comment about it "not being worth it anymore".

To Vic:

This particular case still bothers me, even after all this time. I know it's every publisher's decisions what to publish and where, but can you honestly say there wouldn't be market for PSP's own Etrian Odyssey back here? You managed to send it so many times to SCEE, but still it never came out. What happened? I, for one, wouldn't even care if the game was only PSP compatible, I just want to have that game be available here, too. I still play games on my PSP, currently Suikoden II and Brandish. And seeing how the usual treatment for European market goes, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would buy a game like Class of Heroes 2 Day One if it just became available here. Come on, I know you guys can do it.

I expect that should get answered when Vic shows up again.

I'm guessing GW doesn't have the necessary connections in Europe yet to make it happen, they're smaller than most indie devs out there despite not being an indie company. I'm guessing things would improve over time whenever they actually start making money but for now I think even getting a game in the US from them is a miracle in itself (a miracle that probably takes a lot of overtime 0-0).

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    I'm guessing GW doesn't have the necessary connections in Europe yet to make it happen, they're smaller than most indie devs out there despite not being an indie company. I'm guessing things would improve over time whenever they actually start making money but for now I think even getting a game in the US from them is a miracle in itself (a miracle that probably takes a lot of overtime 0-0).
    What other connection than Sony do you need for a PlayStation Store release?

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    What other connection than Sony do you need for a PlayStation Store release?
    PEGI and about four other rating boards spread across Europe I believe. European PSN seems like a unified front as far as game releases go but really it's just a blanket term, since every country has it's own laws and various forms of dealing with digital media (you know about this waaaay more than I do) it's a pain in the ass to meet release criteria. I "think" you can cut off release from specific markets but even then you'd probably need to micromanage the release. As far as I know it's a cluster***k and Europeans suffer for this X_X, that's probably why PC seems so much more consistent with it's releases since it's an open platform and devs/pubs shoulder the burdens of a release directly without being obligated to go through a middle man.

You don't really need connections though to file a form at a rating board, right?

Who knows how long XSeed was working on that. Although I do agree it would be nice to hear something from Vic.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    You don't really need connections though to file a form at a rating board, right?
    Nop, and Vic has posted he's done that, he also mentioned that they're ungodly slow and archaic. Connections are better served to actually have someone on site to work with SCEE/rating boards for the release rather than pushing documents via intercontinental snail mail and meeting with European publishing branches at conventions twice a year to help manage and speed up the process.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast