Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Popful Mail (Sega CD): Why was this game made so difficult for the US version?

Quote Originally Posted by ragnar14 View Post
    Vic hasn't posted here in a couple of years, he's not going to pop in and allow you...

I assume you've already done so, but at the very least you should maintain a personal backup copy on a couple different drives, that frees your brain from a lot of worry. That's the first thing I did when I snagged a beta for Lufia 1. Although luckily in my case like a year or 2 after somebody else dumped and released the beta. It's almost surprising nobody else has snagged and dumped Popful Mail for you.
    Yeah, I will say I know that there were a couple other betas I've seen across the years, but none of them seemed to surface yet. It's still possible for stuff like this to show up from one source or another, you never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Funny going back and reading this thread. Vic forgetting they adjusted difficulty and then saying it wasn't all that hard. It was definitely beatable, but "not all that hard" sounds like a bit of a biased statement from someone who's been playing challenging games all their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by GhoostWhat View Post
    Funny going back and reading this thread. Vic forgetting they adjusted difficulty and then saying it wasn't all that hard. It was definitely beatable, but "not all that hard" sounds like a bit of a biased statement from someone who's been playing challenging games all their lives.
    Lol, and well developers also underestimate how hard their game is. I've talked to some homebrew devs who thought pulling in the difficulty made it too easy, and they need to see someone else play it for the first time to see where the issues are.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456