Page 175 of 193 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

  1. #1741
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Well this is an interesting thing that just popped up a bit ago:

    Attachment 1653

    Vic, I didn't know you really did very much promo merchandise under the Gaijinworks name, so this is a rare find. I'm assuming it was for the PSN re-releases or something?

    Got any more of these hiding for my Working Designs/Gaijinworks collection?
    Designed and manufactured that for Monkeypaw's PSN release of Tomba and Tomba2. Monkeypaw gave away quite a few. I still have some. The best plush I've done yet, IMO. Way better than the janky Japanese Tomba plushes.

  2. #1742
    Administrator vicireland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    3,419
    Quote Originally Posted by mandy_moorehol View Post
    Vic talked about the Tomba plush earlier in this thread (not sure how to get his pictures to show up when quoting, but the links work):
    Sometimes I share too much.

    I forgot I posted that!

  3. #1743
    Senior Member EternalB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    637
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Sometimes I share too much.

    I forgot I posted that!
    Very cool! I wish I knew these existed. Would have nagged Ray from MP till he broke
    PSN/Steam/XBL - DrgnSlayerDyne

  4. #1744
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,430
    Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Designed and manufactured that for Monkeypaw's PSN release of Tomba and Tomba2. Monkeypaw gave away quite a few. I still have some. The best plush I've done yet, IMO. Way better than the janky Japanese Tomba plushes.
    You can probably do okay on them if you let them out on the market. This last one went for almost $100 on ebay (open auction) which is kind of crazy to me. I'd pay probably $30-40 for one because like you say, the quality is top notch, but collectors are a whole different beast sometimes.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  5. #1745
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,430
    Ah, looks like Kelly Knight listed the second one they had:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/142275739841

    Get yer bids in now boys! (9 watchers already though )
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  6. #1746
    Senior Member cj_iwakura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    193
    Something I've been wondering: was there any reason you particularly went after Class of Heroes as opposed to, say, Acquire's unlocalized Wizardry games? Was CoH an easier license? Do you think it's a better game? Or is it just more profitable? (I believe all three apply, and this is from someone who loved Labyrinth of Lost Souls.)

  7. #1747
    Senior Member banditwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    GW Villian HQ litterbox
    Posts
    11,942
    I think Vic said it was a 'get your foot in the door' sorta thing. Hoping to get bigger/better stuff.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

  8. #1748
    Senior Member cj_iwakura's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    193
    True. As much as I'd love for GW to have done Elminage I-III, Starfish aren't exactly a prolific dev. Isn't that ALL they do? I still think Elminage is pound for pound one of the best DCs since The Dark Spire.

  9. #1749
    Senior Member xelement5x's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    6,430
    The second Tomba! plush ended at about $120, dang!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

  10. #1750
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    The second Tomba! plush ended at about $120, dang!
    So it sounds like you'll be explaining to the wife "So for Valentines day you got a box of chocolate. I got a Tomba!"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •