Page 178 of 193 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    Thanks for the replies Vic

A 3 sided Dragon Force one you say? Damn, hopefully some day one pops up on Ebay or maybe one in your garage somewhere.
    I wish I had saved some. They were three sided with a triangular plastic bracket that held the sides in place and connected to a string that hooked onto the ceiling. I think it's the only one I don't have at least one of.

Thanks for the replies Vic

A 3 sided Dragon Force one you say? Damn, hopefully some day one pops up on Ebay or maybe one in your garage somewhere.
    Yeah, I looked through my saved auctions and didn't see any pictures for a Dragon Force one. The lack of a Rayearth one makes sense though, I was barely even able to find a copy when it released but at least my friend had preordered it. I found a new old stock copy in the early 2000s at a local store and bought it then.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Yeah, I looked through my saved auctions and didn't see any pictures for a Dragon Force one. The lack of a Rayearth one makes sense though, I was barely even able to find a copy when it released but at least my friend had preordered it. I found a new old stock copy in the early 2000s at a local store and bought it then.
    I forgot to ask you element since you have the big WD collection, was there any promo items for Rayearth (or maybe Vic can chime in). It seems to be the one WD game that was sort of caught in a bad spot for anything like that but no pin, poster, mousepad? I think I was looking through your picture website and saw a Rayearth flyer of some sort, was that just cut from a magazine?

I forgot to ask you element since you have the big WD collection, was there any promo items for Rayearth (or maybe Vic can chime in). It seems to be the one WD game that was sort of caught in a bad spot for anything like that but no pin, poster, mousepad? I think I was looking through your picture website and saw a Rayearth flyer of some sort, was that just cut from a magazine?
    I'm guessing you're talking about this one?

That's from a bunch of old E3 stuff I got from a guy, not from a magazine. It looks the same as a magazine ad though from what I remember, there's just no printing on the flip side.

It also came with this letter though:
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    I'm guessing you're talking about this one?

That's from a bunch of old E3 stuff I got from a guy, not from a magazine. It looks the same as a magazine ad though from what I remember, there's just no printing on the flip side.
    Those were just promotional one sheets we took to trade shows and sent out with press releases. Usually the same as the ads, but sometimes very slightly different.

Oh thats cool! Might be the only MKR collectible out there of sorts. (at least that revolved around the US game release). Ill have to keep any eye out for E3 promo stuff too. Would love to get that MKR flyer. I don't recall MKR ad ever making it in a magazine that year.

The alternate Rayearth logo is neat to see. The game's manual even has a screenshot with it instead of the revised one which I can only assume was intentional to give people a glimpse of it. But if those posters are sporting the old logo then the change must have happened pretty late in development then, right?

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    The alternate Rayearth logo is neat to see. The game's manual even has a screenshot with it instead of the revised one which I can only assume was intentional to give people a glimpse of it. But if those posters are sporting the old logo then the change must have happened pretty late in development then, right?
    Super hazy, but I think that was related to the hard drive crash and lost assets on the Japanese side. If I remember right, I think we used the video we had to have a logo created and then at the last minute we got the "official" art.

@ Vic: Which version of Silpheed is more rare?

Are any of the WD games boring?
    So far they are all impressive to see in person. Having just picked up Silpheed and Alundra they both have me checking out the package and manual. Unlike most games I just toss in the pile.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Vaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.