Page 184 of 193 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    Like I said, Nightwarriors I think that is the only true Gamefan Saturn only guide.

Darkstalkers 1 was on PS1
    Darkstalkers 2 (Nightwarriors Darkstalkers Revenge) was only on Saturn in US
    Darkstalkers 3 was only on PS1 (in the US)

The other inexpensive one to get is Super Street Fighter Turbo by Gamefan that covers the Saturn version.
    Yeah, I know the rest weren't Saturn games in the US, but wanted to point out that the guides exist. I didn't even know what Jedah's Damnation was until seeing the GameFan guide with that title on eBay and looking into it (due to the US console port not having that name and it also being under one of the Vampire Savior titles when I played it in arcades). The guide was for the arcade version, before the PS1 port was out here, so it's rather confusing if not in the know.
    Last edited by mandy_moorehol; 03-24-2017 at 11:39 PM.

Looking at the Lunar SSSC guide, I can sense the same fun I got from Playing Lunar SSSC. I may just start reading the guide. (the notes and such)
    I want to send in the $3 for a Lunar poster.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    Looking at the Lunar SSSC guide, I can sense the same fun I got from Playing Lunar SSSC. I may just start reading the guide. (the notes and such)
    Lol, I used to read the guide in the car on road trips when I was younger, you could basically relive the entire game that way. Also, that poster... Don't look in the back of the Eternal Blue guide my man, or you'll get double-regrets.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

Did you finish the game?
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    Did you finish the game?
    Yes, I played and beat it last year. I need to play EB yet, and well, every other WD game. SSSC is just the PS1 game right? That's all I have so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Lol, I used to read the guide in the car on road trips when I was younger, you could basically relive the entire game that way. Also, that poster... Don't look in the back of the Eternal Blue guide my man, or you'll get double-regrets.

I want to know but then I don't.
    GW Villan HQ Crew

Yes, I played and beat it last year. I need to play EB yet, and well, every other WD game. SSSC is just the PS1 game right? That's all I have so far.
    Okay cool, I couldn't remember. And yes definitely play Lunar EB asap, it's very good. I'd recommend playing it on Sega CD*.

*Don't listen to whatever rubbish LoP will post in response to this.

Okay cool, I couldn't remember. And yes definitely play Lunar EB asap, it's very good. I'd recommend playing it on Sega CD*.

*Don't listen to whatever rubbish LoP will post in response to this.
    I'd have to do more bad things to play the SCD version. >_>
    Just haven't got around to it yet. What's the differences again? (summary is fine)
    GW Villan HQ Crew

Well you could buy it, the price is totally reasonable and not ridiculous at all.

Lunar EB is pretty much the best 16bit JRPG IMO. Without spoiling anything the plot is handled better in a lot of points. Now, the game does have a fairly high encounter rate and large sprawling dungeons, compared to the PS1 version which really cuts the fat in that regard. So you may find you like the PS1 version better. I'd say play both, but that's a pretty large time commitment.

Well you could buy it, the price is totally reasonable and not ridiculous at all.

Lunar EB is pretty much the best 16bit JRPG IMO. Without spoiling anything the plot is handled better in a lot of points. Now, the game does have a fairly high encounter rate and large sprawling dungeons, compared to the PS1 version which really cuts the fat in that regard. So you may find you like the PS1 version better. I'd say play both, but that's a pretty large time commitment.
    I do want to play and own both eventually. I guess I'd have to play to see which I liked. I may just stick with ps1 since I have it.
    GW Villan HQ Crew

It's possible you won't notice the story changes, if you aren't paying full attention.