Page 50 of 193 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

TempestOne
    Playing LUNAR online here is really fun. I thought up an idea of having a, ''LUNAR Playthru,'' thread/or post where you can post your run-of-the-mill thoughts, while playing, but I am sure everyone on here has played LUNAR by now. Din't you post that you had just gotten your fresh, LUNAR Silver? I read it a while ago. It would be kewl if you posted more your impressions, ...people on here love LUNAR, probably more than I.
    Last edited by TempestOne; 07-13-2014 at 07:48 PM.

After listening to that ANN podcast with Vic last night I gotta say Bernie Stolar was basically a cartoon villain. Complete with top hat and mustache.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    After listening to that ANN podcast with Vic last night I gotta say Bernie Stolar was basically a cartoon villain. Complete with top hat and mustache.
    Seriously. If you could only hear ALL the stories. Completely unbelievable anyone let him run ANY game company at all - let alone multiple game companies. He was even Google's game evangelist for a while, AFAIK. Crazy stuff for anyone who has dealt with him personally.

Sakura Taisen really makes me sad, because I know WD would have done a great job with it.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    You have a link?

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    You have a link?
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/anncast/2012-04-13

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Seriously. If you could only hear ALL the stories. Completely unbelievable anyone let him run ANY game company at all - let alone multiple game companies. He was even Google's game evangelist for a while, AFAIK. Crazy stuff for anyone who has dealt with him personally.
    Don Mattrick reminded me of Stolar a whole lot. Just completely oblivious and out of touch with everything.

We got Tom Kalinske for our retro show this year. For some reason we didn't even think of asking Bernie to show. I plan on asking an unending stream of inane questions about Sega's history.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJJS82 View Post
    Don Mattrick reminded me of Stolar a whole lot. Just completely oblivious and out of touch with everything.

We got Tom Kalinske for our retro show this year. For some reason we didn't even think of asking Bernie to show. I plan on asking an unending stream of inane questions about Sega's history.
    Tom Kalinske is a super-classy guy. Probably the best head SEGA of America had.

This was a pretty awesome podcast, I listened to it today while I worked on the computer. Kinda gives you an idea of Vic and John's personality XD also it had some pretty great insight on the inner working on the Japanese industry as well as the Turbografx. They really asked all the right questions, I hope Vic gets to do another podcast in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    the thing that makes the least sense to me is how he was hired on by Sega to save the Saturn, publicly killed the system, and somehow wound up spearheading Dreamcast development in some major capacity making all kinds of promises that never materialized for a bunch of Japan related reasons. Then the guy had a really bad habit of doing stuff behind the backs of his superiors like stealing dev tools for the Saturn Sonic game and having a 56.6k modem on the Dreamcast which made certain people at SoJ apoplectic.

Then there's the rumor he made a pretty inflammatory comment to a drunk Japanese Sega executive saying Americans are too stupid to remember 9/9/99.

Its a wonder how that guy could even find work at all with some of the crap he's pulled.