Page 22 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Quality titles, regardless of text volume, because I'm a macochist.
    Damn that Xseed/Falcom contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Muyguapogrant View Post
    How much text did coh2 have vs say lunar or arc 3?
    I don't remember the line counts of Arc and LUNAR, but I would say CoH2 at 9000 lines is probably 65% Arc 3 and maybe 50% LUNAR PS1. But it's tough to compare 1:1 because line wrapping is handled in our system now, where on PS1 LUNAR we had to manually wrap the lines.

However, I may just have gotten more awesome in my old age and remember LUNAR as being much harder than it was, because doing a quick search on the LUNAR files from 4/99 I get about 8000 lines for LUNAR 1 PS, and that's only a smidge LESS than CoH2 at about 8100. Doesn't SEEM like CoH2 has about the same, but it might be because the quest events are longer with more talking to offset the much smaller pool of NPCs. Neither is counting weapon descriptions, etc. Just dialogue.

Wow. I couldn't imagine translating that much. I wasn't expecting that much dialogue as it seems similar to shining in the darkness. I think you may have beaten Lindsey lohan for number of lines done

How many Innovas were there, in all? And what was the story with that revolving door? Just webmaster/forum duties getting handed off to lowest in the food chain? Or were those of us on the WDMB that rowdy that we kept scaring them all off?

Anyone seen JoeyJoJoJJrShabido since his exit?

Quote Originally Posted by Lunartic View Post
    How many Innovas were there, in all? And what was the story with that revolving door? Just webmaster/forum duties getting handed off to lowest in the food chain? Or were those of us on the WDMB that rowdy that we kept scaring them all off?

Anyone seen JoeyJoJoJJrShabido since his exit?
    We only had two long-term Innovas. The exit of the first one was extremely unexpected so we were scrambling there for a bit.

JJJJrS is up somewhere in Oregon programming retro games among other things. Pretty sure he's registered here (unless I got his message as a visitor, I forget where it came from).

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Did I miss something? Was JJJJJrS working on the site at one time? I was MIA in the forums a bit during parts of the the PSX->PS2 transition, so I lost track of people on the WDMB.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Did I miss something? Was JJJJJrS working on the site at one time? I was MIA in the forums a bit during parts of the the PSX->PS2 transition, so I lost track of people on the WDMB.
    If I recall correctly Chris was webmaster for a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonmasterDan View Post
    If I recall correctly Chris was webmaster for a few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    was that the guy who did the fan mail section once and all the replies were completely over the top ridiculous? lol that was hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    Sega, Capcom and Konami are possible choices for games

Suikoden/Suikoden II PSP
    I don't get how nobody has grabbed the rights to do the 2 in 1 UMD or some sort of PSN release of Suikoden 2. Despite the fact Suiko 1 is on PSN, based on the value of the craptacularly translated PS1 Suiko 2 am I wrong for assuming there's demand for it? Seems like a no brainer to me. On top of that, it is a game that deserved a lot better than what it got in terms of localization.

Hey Vic, if you're reading this, are you sneaking in another hidden goofy reference/doctored photo into the instruction manual for the physical CoH2 like you did in the old days?

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    How many variants were there for Dragonforce and Albert Odyssey?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Pirates View Post
    How many variants were there for Dragonforce and Albert Odyssey?
    Dragon Force had 4 variants, Albert Odyssey had 2. Both had the same packaging as far as I could tell, just the discs were different.

Here's what I call each of them:
    Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean (Group)
    Albert Odyssey: Legend of Eldean (Gryzz Only)
    Dragon Force (Dragon God)
    Dragon Force (Blue Disc)
    Dragon Force (Red Disc Group)
    Dragon Force (Aqua Hair Goddess)

Dragon Force did have Memory Cart stickers packed in with it though. That reminds me!

I've only ever been able to locate three different cart stickers. Is there a fourth one?

Edit: I remembered I made this image when I was looking for Dragon Forces variants several years ago. This is all I was able to ever locate variant wise: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...agon_force.jpg
    Last edited by xelement5x; 05-29-2013 at 07:57 PM. Reason: added picture!