Page 65 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775115165 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    this is not true. Infinite Undiscovery's dinner dance was light years ahead of its time. It changed my life. Best newtrope of 20XX
    "DINNER, DINNER, DINNER, DINNER!"

(I actually really enjoyed Infinite Undiscovery, in spite of all of the cheese.)

I just Youtubed it and I have no words. Forget the cheesiness of the scene itself, the animation in that game is horrendous. This brings up another big problem with the industry. Publishers and developers are routinely finding themselves feeling obligated to push themselves beyond their ability in order to appear AAA, resulting in what amounts to big budget incompetence.

It's cool though if M.C. Hammer does it.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    I just Youtubed it and I have no words. Forget the cheesiness of the scene itself, the animation in that game is horrendous. This brings up another big problem with the industry. Publishers and developers are routinely finding themselves feeling obligated to push themselves beyond their ability in order to appear AAA, resulting in what amounts to big budget incompetence.
    actually I think that's a lot more complicated than you think. I feel its some sort of mass market thing Square-Enix is obligated to follow, but their grasp on making the game accessible to everyone is to dumb it down so much that everything feels like its aimed at children or autistic retards.

but if that made you feel bad, never search for Star Ocean Lymle

I just Youtubed both @_@ I'm so happy I skipped the 360... my faith in games might have been ruined not that it's better elsewhere but wow I haven't seen such capitalistic animations since garage indie kickstarters lol. Star Ocean Lymle's nappy time video was.... creepy beyond words, the voice the doll like mesh, my god what the hell did I just see!

Come on guys. Both games are far better than just about any other last gen traditional RPG.

But that isn't saying much.

Don't be hating on Gotanda for silly localization efforts.

360 has plenty of good games Aristides. :P
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    I just Youtubed both @_@ I'm so happy I skipped the 360... my faith in games might have been ruined not that it's better elsewhere but wow I haven't seen such capitalistic animations since garage indie kickstarters lol. Star Ocean Lymle's nappy time video was.... creepy beyond words, the voice the doll like mesh, my god what the hell did I just see!
    You know what, I'd take games on 360 like Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean, and Lost Odyssey. It's too bad they aren't making them. At least Star Ocean is coming but I'd take those other games over nothing.

Doesn't everyone want to play Goat Simulator on 360/1 ?
    That's surely a system seller.

Quote Originally Posted by ErickRPG View Post
    You know what, I'd take games on 360 like Infinite Undiscovery, Star Ocean, and Lost Odyssey. It's too bad they aren't making them. At least Star Ocean is coming but I'd take those other games over nothing.
    Zborg may be right, the future of good rpgs for older gamers may in fact be kickstarter.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.