Page 83 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    We had giant signs for it at E3 that I pulled down. Pretty sure it was public knowledge. It was 4 Tecnosoft shooters. Hyper Duel/Thunderforce Gold Pack 1 and Blast Wind/Thunderforce Gold Pack 2. Pretty sure that's the way I had it split. Four games, two skus. And they were really good shooters.
    Wasn't Saturn Thunderforce V on the agenda as well (before it wound up eventually being released on Playstation) or is my memory failing me?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonmasterDan View Post
    Wasn't Saturn Thunderforce V on the agenda as well (before it wound up eventually being released on Playstation) or is my memory failing me?
    The idea of getting the TF gold packs out with the shooter megapack was to get people into TF more here, and it would have led to TF V on the Saturn if the Saturn hadn't had Bernie killing it actively. I don't think we announced it, but it was definitely in the plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    It probably was but I was about 10 back then (guessing on the time frame).

That would have been awesome. I've been looking into importing the gold packs recently.
    Hyper Duel and Blast Wind have become very pricey. The TF Gold Packs are still pretty reasonable.

Yeah $500+ total for those two now. Each is over my individual game limit.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Sabotage from within. Stolar didn't want to be associated with the Saturn, and cleared the decks for "his" Dreamcast using any means at his disposal. It was a dark time for gaming.
    I'm sure the quotation marks indicate the answer, but when you say "his Dreamcast" just how connected to it was he? I do remember reading that the system's design was at the heart of a battle between SOA and SOJ.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    I'm sure the quotation marks indicate the answer, but when you say "his Dreamcast" just how connected to it was he? I do remember reading that the system's design was at the heart of a battle between SOA and SOJ.
    I have no personal knowledge of how much he did that ended up in the machine. I just know that he pushed for the modem and set the price very aggressively. He wanted that to be the system he would be regarded as making successful, but instead, he just got fired and got little credit for a successful launch. His lackeys he brought over (most prominently the consummate yes-woman, Eichlinger) with him from Sony had also poisoned the third party division, so third parties were pretty fed up, and staff IN third party department were despondent. Her moronic policies, specifically, helped ruin SEGA's formerly awesome 3rd party division.

he left sony because he was afraid they were going to fire him according to that interview i just posted

The idea of getting the TF gold packs out with the shooter megapack was to get people into TF more here, and it would have led to TF V on the Saturn if the Saturn hadn't had Bernie killing it actively. I don't think we announced it, but it was definitely in the plans.
    as far as I remember, it was never announced, but hearing this news has got me

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    Bernie was basically spearheading the Dreamcast and coercing Sega of Japan by habitually going over their heads and doing things without or against their council and permission. I can't find an article or anything else that proves this rumor, but one of the things he supposedly did that enraged Sega of Japan was to have the US Dreamcast ship with a 56k modem when they either wanted no or a lower baud one.

do you play a lot of video games vic?

Quote Originally Posted by segamegax4 View Post
    he left sony because he was afraid they were going to fire him according to that interview i just posted
    Oh, no, he KNEW they were firing him. He made a lot of enemies there. SEGA was mental to take him.