Page 84 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134184 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by segamegax4 View Post
    do you play a lot of video games vic?
    Sure, but most have some connection to work. Which is why I love pinball and have some machines...it's still a game, but it's completely unrelated to my job.

i dont know if you have any iformation on this but megaman 8 got shot down by SCEA was bernie working there at the time how does it work do game companies approach 1st parties before during or after the development of a game? like what im asking is did capcom approach SCEA before they started development of megaman 8 or after?

i dont know if you have any iformation on this but megaman 8 got shot down by SCEA was bernie working there at the time how does it work do game companies approach 1st parties before during or after the development of a game? like what im asking is did capcom approach SCEA before they started development of megaman 8 or after?
    You put in a proposal before developing or localizing a game. It was much more strict in the Saturn/PS/PS2/PS3 era. I have no idea about Megaman 8's approval or denial, though.

how intimately was he involved with the no 2d/no rpg games policy at sony

how intimately was he involved with the no 2d/no rpg games policy at sony
    I was told from Japan side in a meeting with them, face to face in Japan, it was HIS POLICY. Came from him. He was a moron in gaming. Does he have any job where he lasted long-term? I don't think so. If his other brief jobs were like my experience with him at Sony and SEGA, I'm sure people grew to hate him and his hangers on pretty quickly.

i see so capcom had to approach SCEA before they started making it? so early 96 i presume?

i see so capcom had to approach SCEA before they started making it? so early 96 i presume?
    I have to get back to work! You're bad for my feeble work ethic! "Summon Night 5 Delayed - segamegax4 to Blame" will be the headlines!

I get the enthusiasm, and I don't want to ignore your questions, but just space out the questions to me so I can squeeze some work in-between.

yeah people write books like the rise and fall of sega and dont even bother interviewing you guys i remember reading that and it said that you were looking for an excuse to stop working on saturn games and bernie provided you that opportunity to jump ship to sony but hearing this directly from YOU saying that you wanted to localize sakura taisen makes me feel like that author was being intellectually dishonest

ok im sorry vic ill take a breather lol

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    We had giant signs for it at E3 that I pulled down. Pretty sure it was public knowledge. It was 4 Tecnosoft shooters. Hyper Duel/Thunderforce Gold Pack 1 and Blast Wind/Thunderforce Gold Pack 2. Pretty sure that's the way I had it split. Four games, two skus. And they were really good shooters.
    0-0, Technosoft... Hyper Duel... Blast Wind... the possibilities!!!!! THE POSSIBILITIES!!!! Oh God, the tragedy... acquiring these now costs half a nut by today's market standards.... I'm just gonna take a time out an process this...

(BTW I thought you never played TFIV? That's on Gold Pack 2, I'm guessing the games were canceled before you got to take a jab at it)

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    I have no personal knowledge of how much he did that ended up in the machine. I just know that he pushed for the modem and set the price very aggressively. He wanted that to be the system he would be regarded as making successful, but instead, he just got fired and got little credit for a successful launch. His lackeys he brought over (most prominently the consummate yes-woman, Eichlinger) with him from Sony had also poisoned the third party division, so third parties were pretty fed up, and staff IN third party department were despondent. Her moronic policies, specifically, helped ruin SEGA's formerly awesome 3rd party division.
    My mind is getting crazy theories, this sounds awfully similar to the person who did such horrible things to WD during Growlancer and beyond.