Page 85 of 193 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135185 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

The greatest gaming tragedy of the last 20 years no doubt.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    0-0, Technosoft... Hyper Duel... Blast Wind... the possibilities!!!!! THE POSSIBILITIES!!!! Oh God, the tragedy... acquiring these now costs half a nut by today's market standards.... I'm just gonna take a time out an process this...

(BTW I thought you never played TFIV? That's on Gold Pack 2, I'm guessing the games were canceled before you got to take a jab at it)

My mind is getting crazy theories, this sounds awfully similar to the person who did such horrible things to WD during Growlancer and beyond.
    I actually went to the Tecnosoft office in Sasebo Japan - BY BUS from Nagasaki (there was no plane service, the town seemed smaller than Redding!).

The Growlanser problems were a different female exec, this time at Sony. Thank god she's long gone, she was really bad for them (and us).

have you ever considered approaching sega to redistribute old saturn games and just selling them online? a lot of people never got a chance to play panzer dragoon saga you could get permission from sega do make extra copies of that game give it a new design foil cover and just sell them from this website or amazon or something and maybe sakura taisen and all the other ones you were forced to drop

Quote Originally Posted by segamegax4 View Post
    have you ever considered approaching sega to redistribute old saturn games and just selling them online? a lot of people never got a chance to play panzer dragoon saga you could get permission from sega do make extra copies of that game give it a new design foil cover and just sell them from this website or amazon or something and maybe sakura taisen and all the other ones you were forced to drop
    I don't think there is a plant left to press the games, let alone the custom bootable blanks needed to run on the Saturn.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

My guess is that if it was feasable someone would be doing it already or selling "new" ones.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

well marilyn manson released his new album on psx discs and sega gave someone an autographed dreamcast and a copy of panzer dragoon saga so maybe they did make a new copy

Those Saturn discs were a special type. I doubt they're even pressing them anymore. And, even if that were possible, SEGA would not allow it. They're so dysfunctional as a company, we can't even get licenses done for a number of games they aren't even going to do themselves. They are sort of incompetently anti-fan and have been for years. I say that because it's too depressing to think they've become that way on purpose, and I've seen glimpses of their organization on the Japanese and US side and it's a mess. So I give them the incompetence pass and keep trying, hoping that changes.

well marilyn manson released his new album on psx discs and sega gave someone an autographed dreamcast and a copy of panzer dragoon saga so maybe they did make a new copy
    It wasn't really "PSX" discs, was it? All that was really special was the tint, which could be done with any CD.

I saw an article the claimed they are on the same colored plastic. Your are probably right in that they aren't "official" discs. He did an album back then that was. (going by memory from an article I read)

http://www.metalinjection.net/latest...aystation-disc

(google!)
    I don't listen to Manson but that disc sounds cool anyway. Just to see the color shift.
    Last edited by banditwolf; 07-18-2015 at 12:03 AM.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Those Saturn discs were a special type. I doubt they're even pressing them anymore. And, even if that were possible, SEGA would not allow it. They're so dysfunctional as a company, we can't even get licenses done for a number of games they aren't even going to do themselves. They are sort of incompetently anti-fan and have been for years. I say that because it's too depressing to think they've become that way on purpose, and I've seen glimpses of their organization on the Japanese and US side and it's a mess. So I give them the incompetence pass and keep trying, hoping that changes.
    It has been very painful... too painful. I'm holding a sliver of hope though, things have been changing ever so slightly (very slightly, I'm still butt hurt...). Not long ago we started getting Hatsune Miku, nothing short of a miracle at the time (back when the "SEGA hates their fans" phrase was all too common even more so than now) But ok HM IS very popular, maybe they just realized they were idiots and decided they liked large amounts of free money. The real surprise was when last year they did Valkyria Chronicles for Steam and the game sold like crazy, I'm guessing since the only part of SEGA that has any form of relevance in the game industry is their PC division (basically the only part of their company that actually makes money and thrives, outside of their disposable mobage division) some fans in there, people who still give a damn about games, made a push for the PC port since the division may have a little leverage and succeed in getting it greenlit. Now in a couple of months Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is getting localized, another miracle, I really wanted that game and we'll be getting now. They've been surprisingly generous on the Vita retail front too as of late, crazy.

So yeah I'm holding things get better... still very painful to see SEGA like this but yeah... If you could ever get something out of them and perhaps make things better (like making them realize their incompetence...) I as well as many other would really really be grateful