Page 94 of 193 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    We all have gaming regrets. I regret to this day trading my mint in box vectrex with extra controller and like 5-7 mint in box games for a used refrigerator decades ago. But when you're just starting out, have no money and your fridge dies, you do what you gotta do.
    Ah, dunno what a Vectrex is
    Last edited by Tsukoblue; 07-25-2015 at 09:05 AM.

I pull stuff out from time to time and share. There's been pics of the Borgan punching puppet head master, Goemon "lost" tiger plush, Blaster Master vehicle SOPHIA, Alex puppet prototype(s), prototype Ghaleon plush doll, and some other stuff I can't think of off the top of my head.
    Nice.
    Will we ever see that treatment with any of the games though?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    Ah, dunno what a Vectrex is
    The real Goldar: "GVC are posers."
    http://i.imgur.com/PI2Ob5H.png

Quote Originally Posted by Missile! View Post
    Nice.
    Will we ever see that treatment with any of the games though?
    Oh, you mean like "lost" games WD was supposed to do or partially worked on like Elfaria, KoTM2, World Heroes, Ogre Battle, Tengai, etc?

I do have a BIG box of audition tapes from the early WD era, probably through the Saturn that I intend to someday sort through and let people hear the fail auditions that had no chance of getting the parts and first auditions from the people that ultimately got the part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    I see... that's way out of my price range, I wouldn't have been able to afford a Wii U or PS4 if I hadn't given up my retro systems,
    Other then some classic games from the eshop all I use the Wii U for is the internet browser since there are almost no worthwhile games for it, I do regret parting with my Sega Genesis/CD and Turbo Duo but it's too late to do anything about it now
    I'm not trying to be an *******. This post may come off this way at times but that is not my intention.

Patience is a virtue, as always. The Wii U's failure was all too predictable. I still don't have an Xbone, PS4 or Wii U. I will likely get them all eventually (maybe not an Xbone) but I see no point until I can get a good deal on one or the price just drops (always does). I remember you posting about this when it happened and the very shocking part to me was that you seemed to be okay with the fact that you were hemorrhaging value compared to if you had put them on Ebay. At least in that situation you could have had a lot of money left over (I don't know the particulars but the best you were getting was 40% of what they were worth on anything worth a fair bit and that's making a generous assumption about the store you took them in to).

Oh, you mean like "lost" games WD was supposed to do or partially worked on like Elfaria, KoTM2, World Heroes, Ogre Battle, Tengai, etc?

I do have a BIG box of audition tapes from the early WD era, probably through the Saturn that I intend to someday sort through and let people hear the fail auditions that had no chance of getting the parts and first auditions from the people that ultimately got the part.
    That would be pretty funny.

Edit: My biggest gaming regret story is selling off all my SCD and Saturn stuff back around 08. I got mostly full value out of it at the time but the only game with a similar value was Dragon Force. Games like Albert Odyssey, Popful Mail etc... were worth hardly anything in comparison. Iirc the top value Ebay price for Popful was about $60. I've since reacquired them all and more but it cost a lot, even getting deals.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 07-25-2015 at 01:11 PM.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Quote Originally Posted by JWiley_12 View Post
    I want one of those, I plan to get one some day :P I know Zb wants to get one too, it really was a unique and unorthodox system in an awesome kind of way.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    I want one of those, I plan to get one some day :P I know Zb wants to get one too, it really was a unique and unorthodox system in an awesome kind of way.
    I love vector graphics. I was obsessing about the Atari vector games at the Arcade last week. Vectrex is amazing and I would love to have one if I could find one locally for a good price. Really afraid to order one online due to the monitor.

Nothing compares. Vector is an amazing gaming experience.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    I love vector graphics. I was obsessing about the Atari vector games at the Arcade last week. Vectrex is amazing and I would love to have one if I could find one locally for a good price. Really afraid to order one online due to the monitor.

Nothing compares. Vector is an amazing gaming experience.
    Oh no, the Vectrex monitor has a tendency to fail? Or is it just people don't maintenance them properly?

The world's supply of Vectrex' has somehow ended up in Portland. I bought mine from a thrift store for a couple bucks and there are at least 3 of them at every retro game show we have. They're EVERYWHERE around here.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Oh no, the Vectrex monitor has a tendency to fail? Or is it just people don't maintenance them properly?
    They just don't ship very well. I've heard of stories of problems when people buy them off of Ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJJS82 View Post
    The world's supply of Vectrex' has somehow ended up in Portland. I bought mine from a thrift store for a couple bucks and there are at least 3 of them at every retro game show we have. They're EVERYWHERE around here.
    I've never seen one in the wild! If you found one for a couple bucks, that's just amazing!