Page 96 of 193 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106146 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomSentry View Post
    What the hell IS a hipster? Dr. Evil calls Austin Powers one. "There's nothing more pathetic than an aging hipster!"

My understanding of hipster was someone older that's still concerned with teens and early 20's people considering him/her to be cool. Like a father pretending to enjoy his son's taste in music.
    hipsters are shallow people who want to look hip and/or cultured by doing something considered trendy and popular. They're driven by the need for a certain image, not by genuine interest so most are never able to understand the 'scene' they've attached themselves to and come across as poseurs, idiots, and phonies. But they really want you to know how cool they are doing it!

hipsters buying up vectrexes makes sense. I mean, unless you're a hard core hobbyist, Vectrex systems are stick figures on a sh**house wall primitive. Real caveman stuff.

if you want to be up to your ears in hipsters, join the so called "pc master race" and marvel at how The Stanley Parable and Gone Home are considered awesome games.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post
    hipsters are shallow people who want to look hip and/or cultured by doing something considered trendy and popular. They're driven by the need for a certain image, not by genuine interest so most are never able to understand the 'scene' they've attached themselves to and come across as poseurs, idiots, and phonies. But they really want you to know how cool they are doing it!

hipsters buying up vectrexes makes sense. I mean, unless you're a hard core hobbyist, Vectrex systems are stick figures on a sh**house wall primitive. Real caveman stuff.

if you want to be up to your ears in hipsters, join the so called "pc master race" and marvel at how The Stanley Parable and Gone Home are considered awesome games.
    You crack me up. Seriously. Gotta know if you were at the old WD forums. I swear that you post exactly like the old resident lunatic.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetsweetfugu View Post

Best response though JJJJJJJJJJJJJJS reply about Portlandia was gold too.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Was digging through the old forum via the Internet Archive. Seems to have some of the old posts there. Newest posts are at page 46.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050426...?f-5-p-46.html

Would love to know that some of the other regulars are doing well; Pslock, Kefka, Yuug, GEGhaleon, Radhil, Nobi, lots of others. There are already a few alumni (dropouts?) lurking around here, as we know. Lots still MIA.

Fun to look back and see that I was such a great troll for the Dreamcast back in my younger days! You whipper snappers! I forgot that several of the forum members used to play PSO together for a while. I remember practically beta testing Ragnarok Online with Lipp74.

Apparently I gave in to buying an XBox after 13 years of saying that I wouldn't. https://web.archive.org/web/20050519...p?t-77951.html

Thought I was synthboy in that forum before zb, but apparently I have that backwards. One of the iterations of the old forum let you change your name.

Quote Originally Posted by zborgerd View Post
    Was digging through the old forum via the Internet Archive. Seems to have some of the old posts there. Newest posts are at page 46.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050426...?f-5-p-46.html

Would love to know that some of the other regulars are doing well; Pslock, Kefka, Yuug, GEGhaleon, Radhil, Nobi, lots of others. There are already a few alumni (dropouts?) lurking around here, as we know. Lots still MIA.

Fun to look back and see that I was such a great troll for the Dreamcast back in my younger days! You whipper snappers! I forgot that several of the forum members used to play PSO together for a while. I remember practically beta testing Ragnarok Online with Lipp74.

Apparently I gave in to buying an XBox after 13 years of saying that I wouldn't. https://web.archive.org/web/20050519...p?t-77951.html

Thought I was synthboy in that forum before zb, but apparently I have that backwards. One of the iterations of the old forum let you change your name.
    That was the second iteration of the message board. I'm curious if there's an archive of the original WD board.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonmasterDan View Post
    That was the second iteration of the message board. I'm curious if there's an archive of the original WD board.
    I seem to remember at least three, but I think that they were able to transfer the database between two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonmasterDan View Post
    Offline, I have at least two versions, including a complete backup of the last WD board with all users and messages. It *almost* was the starting point for the Gaijinworks board.

So....Vic.. can the board be uncensored? =P

Gaijin itself is a slur of sorts so why not go full 9? xD

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Offline, I have at least two versions, including a complete backup of the last WD board with all users and messages. It *almost* was the starting point for the Gaijinworks board.
    That would have actually been really cool. Then I'd actually have more posts than Gypsy by about 6 years. ;P

I can certainly understand the fresh start though.

Actually I should have said "go to 11"