Page 31 of 193 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Gaijinworks Villain Cabal Port; Tending GVC Troll Pits
    Ghaleon is so mysterious!

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post
    Wasn't sure where to post this, but I had a hearty laugh over this ebay posting:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HAND-PUPPET-...item2ec9d448aa
    I had to check where it shipped from, since I had two from back in the day. One from my Lunar Pre-order and another one from the Haiku contest for Lunar 2. One I took out of the box (and even took it to a couple of Smackdown Events) one was still sealed. Both are gone now cause someone broke into the storage unit they were in, where I lost other things from WD too. (Like my Silhouette Mirage watch ).

Quote Originally Posted by Maginash View Post
    I had to check where it shipped from, since I had two from back in the day. One from my Lunar Pre-order and another one from the Haiku contest for Lunar 2. One I took out of the box (and even took it to a couple of Smackdown Events) one was still sealed. Both are gone now cause someone broke into the storage unit they were in, where I lost other things from WD too. (Like my Silhouette Mirage watch ).
    ouch, that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    When working with games that have FMV, have you ever had to deal with not being given a music and effects track? I shudder to think what kind of work would be needed to dub that.
    Actually, to expound on my original answer a bit about doing this not being a big deal anymore. When we did Cosmic Fantasy 2, it was using a professional 8 and 16 track reel to reel setup (the master tapes up to about SEGA CD are actual tapes), and since it was pre-pro-tools and we had very little budget, Bill, the audio engineer would manually punch in the dubbed lines and FX LIVE. He would then check the sync with a video tape of the scene. If what he added was off, he'd roll back the multi-track and re-punch the dialogue or effect. It took a LONG TIME and was super tedious. Of course, with protools now it's a snap, but back in the day, it was anything but.

Hey Vic, how many different CD images were there for the Sega CD version of Eternal Blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    Hey Vic, how many different CD images were there for the Sega CD version of Eternal Blue?
    Off the top of my head, I only remember one, so I think it was probably just one. The PS1 EB:Complete had three sets, if I remember right. The one with Lemina is the rarest.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Off the top of my head, I only remember one, so I think it was probably just one. The PS1 EB:Complete had three sets, if I remember right. The one with Lemina is the rarest.
    Ah OK because a retro game store in the next town had one in, just wanted to check before I dropped money on it

TempestOne

Last edited by TempestOne; 10-21-2013 at 09:58 AM.

Hopefully this qualifies as trivia. At the recent retro game show I noticed Lunar SSS on Sega CD had a foil embossed version and a regular printed version. Which came first?

Quote Originally Posted by JJJJJS82 View Post
    Hopefully this qualifies as trivia. At the recent retro game show I noticed Lunar SSS on Sega CD had a foil embossed version and a regular printed version. Which came first?
    Silver Star Story was on PS1 and Saturn not Sega CD

The Silver Star was the Sega CD version!