Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Hadn't looked at the link till now
    This is a backup disk
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

Yeah, the description says it all...

Quote Originally Posted by segamegax4 View Post
    could you take a picture of your US copy of deep fear? I want to see it that would be kewl
    I will try to find the pic. Its basically 2 Sega Saturn official gold discs with Deep Fear written on it by Sega. There are more than a few of these official copies out there floating around since Sega sent them to beta testers. When I talked to the Sega employee who was a game tester for them back then, he said its the furthest he saw a game go without getting a retail release. Basically 100% done, sent to testers. (Half Life Dreamcast was probably in the same state when cancelled).

The cool thing is that when you play the US Deep Fear discs it is NTSC and has the extra US trademarks etc on it so its 100% a complete finished US title that simply never got the box/art/barcode on the back Been meaning to find someone in the community that could maybe make me a backart and coverart that would fit with a US style saturn case. You also wonder if they had mockups of the art and manual floating around Sega before it was cancelled. Be cool to unearth it someday out of someones garage lol. Stranger things have been found over the years.

TempestOne
    Hey, I've been checking this thread out and I've been meaning to help you guys, you all, y'all with some of the Working Designs memorabilia like I've been meaning to run through my lunAr- I've been- Since it's Christmas, (Eve) I've been meaning to run through my lunAr Collection/lunAr collection.

DinoDerek, I don't really hang around video game message boards but I am pretty good at making avatars just like re-sizing and adding borders if you can provide a pic or just describe to me what exactly it is you want in the image, to convey, and do you want borders or not and/or do you want a small, medium or big avatar. I make some for my friends and some, to-most for myself.

I've been getting so bored, I've been meaning to handle, play with, toy and tinker with my lunAr stuff/Merchandise. I had my Working Designs videogames on the coffee table but I couldn't get high enough to really handle it.

I might just use the Christmas Spirit to jog me along.

I have a copy of Thrill Kill for PS1, pretty sure that game was done, also.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    It sold at least 100k units. I lost track after launch.

SEGA wasn't against RPGs at that time, they just made a bad call passing on PSIV, and I intended to fix it by releasing it anyway. The part that irritated me was that they got back involved in my licensing deal with SoJ because they didn't want to look bad, and they punished the fans with an obscene price just to try to make it not sell - but it did anyway. If we had done it, the title would have been at least $30 cheaper.
    I thought WD had sworn off cart releases after the Parasol Stars/Cadash fiasco? I remember reading an interview where you said Parasol sold badly, but Cadash did really well and thankfully helped you guys avoid basically having to close the company because of the cost of producing physical carts over CDs if you had a bad release.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

It would be cool to see Gaijinworks manage to pick up Phantasy Star Nova for Vita or Shining Force Resonance for PS3

Quote Originally Posted by Tsukoblue View Post
    It would be cool to see Gaijinworks manage to pick up Phantasy Star Nova for Vita or Shining Force Resonance for PS3
    I wish Shining Resonance was a Shining Force game Sadly the last real entry still remains SFIII for Saturn. Such a great series too. Considering Fire Emblems rise to popularity its a shame too.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoDerek View Post
    I wish Shining Resonance was a Shining Force game Sadly the last real entry still remains SFIII for Saturn. Such a great series too. Considering Fire Emblems rise to popularity its a shame too.
    You make me want to create a thread in which I ask fans
    "What would a Shining Force 4 need to have to be a true spiritual successor? "
    I have quite a bit to say about that but I've already said it in other threads.

... on second thought, Shining Force 4 doesn't roll well with the tongue... wtf

Quote Originally Posted by kleev_55 View Post
    You make me want to create a thread in which I ask fans
    "What would a Shining Force 4 need to have to be a true spiritual successor? "
    I have quite a bit to say about that but I've already said it in other threads.

... on second thought, Shining Force 4 doesn't roll well with the tongue... wtf
    Nintendo has the developer under them now, seeing the state Sega is in, Nintendo could buy the Shining series and revive it

A new Golden Sun would be nice as well