Page 180 of 193 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1922

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

So it's not boring then.
    "Anything fun costs atleast $8" "Winners don't play video games"
    GW Villan HQ Crew
    "Only a true deviant will have never played Zelda or Bayonetta."

The packaging is nice, the game itself is kind of boring. I never did beat it completely

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    So it's not boring then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I figured it out, which prevented me from roasting Vay and AO again (feels like I do that every time the subject comes up).
    I was saying I realized you were talking about the packaging, which is why I didn't roast Vay and AO.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

The load times for Albert Odyssey is what kills it, but overall it was enjoyable.

Yeah, Vay was one I didn't really enjoy that much myself but heck at least we got something. Part of me wishes you had done Cosmic Fantasy Stories, but it really didn't have the same visual draw that Popful and the Lunars did. Those games are pretty amazing examples of what the MegaCD could do well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBonkers View Post
    Actually this makes the localization good, but because it doesn't match the Japanese Script 1:1 people throw a fit. And if that's a problem for you, GTFO, go improve your Japanese and play the Japanese version to be as pure and kawaii as you want.

If we're talking just cover aesthetics then Cosmic Fantasy 2 is probably the worst. That airbrush nonsense is just awful. What a relic from the 80s. Gungriffon Blaze was also kinda average.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy View Post
    I figured it out, which prevented me from roasting Vay and AO again (feels like I do that every time the subject comes up).

Would never have thought all those games were tied together.
    Vay was published by SIMS in Japan. The company name is an acronym for the owners, Shigeta (someone) Machida (someone else). I only dealt with the two names I remember. Anyway, Shigeta was also THE guy at SEGA CC Consumer Soft in Japan, basically overseeing all games that SEGA did. He was impressed that I found Vay from his little side company and wanted to publish it, and that opened the door not long after to all those other titles that were much, MUCH larger title. I remember playing unreleased Popful Mail while we were in Japan debugging Vay.

Plus, Shigeta was a really cool, interesting guy. I've told stories about him before.

I wish I knew what happened to him. He disappeared from SEGA in a financial scandal and I never heard from him again.

Quote Originally Posted by banditwolf View Post
    I guess I wasn't clear. I mean the packaging. :P
    Oh sorry, in that case Albert Odyssey imo is one of their best coverarts in general. Shining Wisdom too. Really all of the Saturn covers look great IMO. Not saying I didn't like the Sega CD ones, just I enjoyed when companies used the full top to bottom on the long box cases with their art without any cropping.

Quote Originally Posted by storino03 View Post
    The load times for Albert Odyssey is what kills it, but overall it was enjoyable.
    As Vic would probably point out, the original load times were even worse in the JPN version. Ive also heard the battles were too frequent and the walking speed was slower. I can only imagine. You know in truth its really not that bad of a title. It did get caught in the SNES to Saturn transition which made for some awkwardness. However soundtrack and story are fun. Graphics to me feel more acceptable now than back in 97 too. At the time I remember this and Holy Ark being out around each other and Holy Ark seemed a bit more 32 bit. Id imagine AO would have been considered a fairly decent SNES title.
    Last edited by DinoDerek; 03-22-2017 at 08:53 AM.

So I'm too lazy to find the thread for it, but the guy reversing the changes to WD games is still going at it.

Apparently with MKR, most things do 2-5x damage, and enemy projectiles travel faster.

His conclusion on Cosmic Fantasy 2 is that it really didn't need Vic's help, it was still grindy. Heh.

Apparently the whole process was pretty common practice at the time, with the goal being to sell more strategy guides.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.