Page 7 of 193 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

yet with dynasty warriors 7 empires koei said "sony said no dub, no disc." same thing with One piece warriors

Quote Originally Posted by PW_Patrick View Post
    I wish I could've extended Grandia I to the tune of 20 hours...
    This is the closest way you can do so today: <not sure about rom hacking site links yet - Vic>

That is the full fan translation to the direct sequel to Grandia called Grandia: Parallel Trippers which was released in Japan only for the Gameboy Color.

I'm not exactly sure why that was never localized, then again the Star Ocean game for the same handheld was also never localized.

It is very interesting to learn that Working Designs could've localized the Sega Saturn version of Grandia which would've made it the first out of five titles that WD had localized from Gamearts. Vic, what were your thoughts on the Lunar Walking School remake for the Saturn?
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebappren View Post
    This is the closest way you can do so today: <not sure about rom hacking site links yet - Vic>

That is the full fan translation to the direct sequel to Grandia called Grandia: Parallel Trippers which was released in Japan only for the Gameboy Color.

I'm not exactly sure why that was never localized, then again the Star Ocean game for the same handheld was also never localized.

It is very interesting to learn that Working Designs could've localized the Sega Saturn version of Grandia which would've made it the first out of five titles that WD had localized from Gamearts. Vic, what were your thoughts on the Lunar Walking School remake for the Saturn?
    Not a fan of LUNAR Walking School. It was just too fluffy and not LUNAR-feeling to worry about.

Grandia would have been the 3rd Game Arts game we did, after the first two LUNARs for SEGA CD.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Not a fan of LUNAR Walking School. It was just too fluffy and not LUNAR-feeling to worry about.

Grandia would have been the 3rd Game Arts game we did, after the first two LUNARs for SEGA CD.
    I didn't realize that you guys localized the two Sega CD Lunar games, I just thought that you guys did the two remakes. How did you all feel about working on the same games again, this time as remakes?

I didn't realize that you guys localized the two Sega CD Lunar games, I just thought that you guys did the two remakes. How did you all feel about working on the same games again, this time as remakes?
    Love the world, loved working with the Game Arts and associated staff, so it was a joy both times. Hard in parts, but worth it. The fact that people freaked out when XSEED was going to do a new straight translation on Harmony and they backed up and used a lot of the one I wrote is a testament to what it meant to fans.

Love the world, loved working with the Game Arts and associated staff, so it was a joy both times. Hard in parts, but worth it. The fact that people freaked out when XSEED was going to do a new straight translation on Harmony and they backed up and used a lot of the one I wrote is a testament to what it meant to fans.
    Well I do wonder what these newer localization teams, like Xseed and Aksys, think of you. Do they look up to you, feel influenced by you? I wouldn't be surprised if some of them have said that WD blazed trails in the industry and if it wasn't for WD than those teams wouldn't have existed.

Well I do wonder what these newer localization teams, like Xseed and Aksys, think of you. Do they look up to you, feel influenced by you? I wouldn't be surprised if some of them have said that WD blazed trails in the industry and if it wasn't for WD than those teams wouldn't have existed.
    There's a vocal faction inside XSEED that doesn't like my localizations at WD. They've said as much. But there's room for that, too. They do their thing, I'll do mine.

Well, it has earned you a lot of long time fans, so I am all for that.

As much as I love some of the stuff XSeed has done, I wish WD/GW had done the PSP Lunar instead, maybe then some of the games problems would have been worked out instead of just having a direct translation with nothing fixed (Music cutting between screens and extremely low difficulty).

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    So XSEED was able to reuse a lot of the dialogue from SSSC? How did that work out? Did they have to license it from you, or was it essentially property of Gamearts? The rumor mill said that they were going to start from scratch.

Personally, I always like the WD localizations. I have Silver Star Harmony on the way from Amazon and wasn't sure what to expect, but if it is essentially the WD localization, I already have an idea. I believe that I heard that they brought back a handful of voice actors from SSSC.

Page 7 of 193 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast