Page 14 of 193 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Are there any Langriser remakes in the wild? I played Langriser II, it was awesome. Speaking of which is it possible for GW to localize PS1 games and release them as PS1 classics?

Quote Originally Posted by PW_Patrick View Post
    That is inspiring. Makes me want to try the Romancing SaGa trilogy.
    I tried RS3 for the Super NES back when it came out. Ordered it online, modded the Super NES to play Super Famicom games... and didn't play it very much. It was tough for me. Good luck if you can do it.

The good thing is that the first Romancing SaGa game was remade for the PS2 and localized in the NA region.
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    Are there any Langriser remakes in the wild? I played Langriser II, it was awesome. Speaking of which is it possible for GW to localize PS1 games and release them as PS1 classics?
    No. There's no QA line at Sony to test them, and they don't allow hacking ISOs to release them different than the way they were sent to retail.

I suppose that could be circumvented by turning it into a PSN or XBL title that "just happens" to be essentially the same as the PSOne game. But I'm guessing the source code would be needed for that and I have a feeling it's pretty rare for games that old to still have the source stored somewhere. Wasn't missing source code a problem with Rayearth?
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger; 05-17-2013 at 02:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger View Post
    I suppose that could be circumvented by turning it into a PSN or XBL title that "just happens" to be essentially the same as the PSOne game. But I'm guessing the source code would be needed for that and I have a feeling it's pretty rare for games that old to still have the source stored somewhere. Wasn't missing source code a problem with Rayearth?
    Incomplete/missing source is a constant problem with Japanese games.

I see, that makes sense. I suppose someone would have worked on that by now if it were possible. Have you ever gotten the license for a game just to find out the source is unreachable or had trouble working with the source itself? 0-0 that must be quite frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristides View Post
    I see, that makes sense. I suppose someone would have worked on that by now if it were possible. Have you ever gotten the license for a game just to find out the source is unreachable or had trouble working with the source itself? 0-0 that must be quite frustrating.
    Trouble working with missing or incomplete Japanese game code? All the time. Failed to overcome it ever? No. It's always been surmountable with time and determination.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Trouble working with missing or incomplete Japanese game code? All the time. Failed to overcome it ever? No. It's always been surmountable with time and determination.
    That does make me think about a PSP game which had lost the source code. Do you think that Gaijinworks can pull off localizing Princess Crown for the PSP?
    Another regular at the cyber-bar. Getting drunk on bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebappren View Post
    That does make me think about a PSP game which had lost the source code. Do you think that Gaijinworks can pull off localizing Princess Crown for the PSP?
    Totally lost source code? At that point you're looking at hacking the ISO or re-writing the game. Both are possible, but I'm not sure Sony would approve the end result in the case of hacking, and I know the game wouldn't sell enough here to re-write.