Page 55 of 193 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

*****POSSIBLE SPOILERS*****

So I thought I would add my own little story here. I played Lunar: The Silver Star for the Sega CD (yes, I am going back a few years here )and I *loved* the game. When Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete came out for the PS, even though I beat the Sega CD version, I had to get it. Well, When Alex and Company were getting ready to leave Luna behind (sorry, I forget the name of the town), and then she decided to go with Alex longer, I literately started jumping up and down cheering Luna and Alex on. My mom came into my bedroom to make sure i was ok. I had always thought Luna's character, and the relationship between Luna and Alex, could have used more development.

I rarely buy remakes because normally all you get are slightly better graphics, and not much more story *cough*KingdomHearts1.5*cough*. But with Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, you gave us more detail, yet story story was still the same. You made me love the game and the characters even more. I have always wanted to tell you and Team Alex that Mr. Ireland, Thank you very much.

Quote Originally Posted by dmaster21 View Post
    *****POSSIBLE SPOILERS*****

So I thought I would add my own little story here. I played Lunar: The Silver Star for the Sega CD (yes, I am going back a few years here )and I *loved* the game. When Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete came out for the PS, even though I beat the Sega CD version, I had to get it. Well, When Alex and Company were getting ready to leave Luna behind (sorry, I forget the name of the town), and then she decided to go with Alex longer, I literately started jumping up and down cheering Luna and Alex on. My mom came into my bedroom to make sure i was ok. I had always thought Luna's character, and the relationship between Luna and Alex, could have used more development.

I rarely buy remakes because normally all you get are slightly better graphics, and not much more story *cough*KingdomHearts1.5*cough*. But with Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, you gave us more detail, yet story story was still the same. You made me love the game and the characters even more. I have always wanted to tell you and Team Alex that Mr. Ireland, Thank you very much.
    Game Arts and Studio Alex gave us a LOT more to work with in the PS1 games. Some changes for the better, some for the worse, but like Shigema-san has said, LUNAR is canon, and the various versions are all stories retold by the platform they're on, so it's a specific storyteller's interpretation of canon. Mr. SEGA CD told a great story, Mr PlayStation told an expanded version that was better in parts, etc. Mr. DS had mental problems so we don't talk about him much.

Thanks for telling your experience with the game. It's nice to have touched so many people positively.

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    Game Arts and Studio Alex gave us a LOT more to work with in the PS1 games. Some changes for the better, some for the worse, but like Shigema-san has said, LUNAR is canon, and the various versions are all stories retold by the platform they're on, so it's a specific storyteller's interpretation of canon. Mr. SEGA CD told a great story, Mr PlayStation told an expanded version that was better in parts, etc. Mr. DS had mental problems so we don't talk about him much.

Thanks for telling your experience with the game. It's nice to have touched so many people positively.
    That is great.

When you say that Lunar is canon, do you mean like its an anime comic somewhere? Or something like that? *hopeful look*

Living here in Jersey, fighting villains from afar
    I'd also love to say thank you for bringing over Lunar.

There's just something very magical about the Lunar series, and I'll just never get over that. Very few stories have impacted me in such a way.

Quote Originally Posted by dmaster21 View Post
    When you say that Lunar is canon, do you mean like its an anime comic somewhere? Or something like that? *hopeful look*
    No, it was a figure of speech used by Shigeta-san to explain the variance in the various versions. It's LIKE there's a "real" story that's canon, and the storytellers are the various platforms, coloring the canon with their interpretation of it. I thought it was really an elegant way to explain it.

No, it was a figure of speech used by Shigeta-san to explain the variance in the various versions. It's LIKE there's a "real" story that's canon, and the storytellers are the various platforms, coloring the canon with their interpretation of it. I thought it was really an elegant way to explain it.
    ok, i get it. thank you. It was very elegant, just sometimes I'm not the quickest person in the room
    Last edited by dmaster21; 08-13-2014 at 01:48 AM.

So .. it was both "canon" and "not canon" to remove the Inca God, eh? Hehehehehehehe

(Yes, I know, that was one of the least important changes going from Silver Star to Silver Star Story Complete - its just one that really stuck in my mind. The idea of the Inca God being on the world of Lunar helped to present the idea that the Blue Star really was Earth.)

Quote Originally Posted by Astroshak View Post
    So .. it was both "canon" and "not canon" to remove the Inca God, eh? Hehehehehehehe

(Yes, I know, that was one of the least important changes going from Silver Star to Silver Star Story Complete - its just one that really stuck in my mind. The idea of the Inca God being on the world of Lunar helped to present the idea that the Blue Star really was Earth.)
    There were quite a few clues about that, including the first Dragonmaster, although Shigeta admitted he wimped out a bit on that and softened the link.

TempestOne
    I always thought the Inca God was just another 'Moon Boss'.