Page 56 of 193 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast

Thread: WD Trivia/Storytime Thread

Living here in Jersey, fighting villains from afar
    There's still some hints about The Blue Star being Earth in the remakes, in some scenes in Silver Star Story, such as the boat song, you can make out what looks like Africa and Scandinavia. I started with the remakes and even then I knew that The Blue Star was hinted to be post-apocalyptic Earth.

"Delays are temporary, mediocrity is forever" is one of my favorite quotes, btw.
    Last edited by ninjamitsuki; 08-13-2014 at 11:37 PM.

really? (crappy 10 character limit)

Quote Originally Posted by vicireland View Post
    There were quite a few clues about that, including the first Dragonmaster, although Shigeta admitted he wimped out a bit on that and softened the link.

You know, I thought it was just me, thinking that Lunar was Earth in the far future/past. Hmmm...., maybe this winter I will have to pull out my old game systems and play the Lunar games again.....

TempestOne
    You know, I always liked Alex better than Hiro because he was closer to me in age, but I never reflected on the fact that Hiro came after Alex. So, now I'm starting to believe I'm a lot more Hiro-esque by happenstance/ calamity. I think Chrono Trigger likes* to steal the aspect of 'Time' all the time that I don't think about it in other games, but I do in Lunar.

Quote Originally Posted by ninjamitsuki View Post
    There's still some hints about The Blue Star being Earth in the remakes, in some scenes in Silver Star Story, such as the boat song, you can make out what looks like Africa and Scandinavia. I started with the remakes and even then I knew that The Blue Star was hinted to be post-apocalyptic Earth.

"Delays are temporary, mediocrity is forever" is one of my favorite quotes, btw.
    I saw the Africa and Europe outlines in the Blue Star myself. Also, Althena's Tower looks a bit like a NASA rocket, at least in SSSC.

I'd have to dig out my LUNAR manuals (my complete LUNAR and LUNAR 2 boxes are proudly sitting atop my games shelf) but didn't Shigema say at one point that he intended Lunar to be a story about a boy bringing democracy to the moon?

TempestOne
    I pop the Lunars, Arc out to watch all the time.

Not sure if this was posted in this thread elsewhere, but I thought this interview with Victor from way back when was pretty interesting:
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/qan.../1100-6141225/

It's a shame we never got Goemon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B%C5%8D...tsugeki_Goemon) here, but I'm sure some of the future licenses from Gaijinworks will be interesting to follow. Funny to see companies like Agetec mentioned in the interview since I don't think they're around any more either. The 360 certainly wasn't the place for JRPGs in hindsight, though - it seems we really have seen an overall decrease in JRPGs and other types of Japanese games since the PSX era however.

I haven't seen anything from Agetec since the PS2. Their website is still up but it appears the last game they released was Way of the Samurai 3 in 2009. I can't find anything about them going out of business but it appears to have happened and their forum is pretty dead.

Edit: Upon looking some more, they appear to have released some 3ds games digitally.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 08-24-2014 at 05:52 PM.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.

Melostreamer Deathcore Troll Space Outpost
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gypsy View Post
    I haven't seen anything from Agetec since the PS2. Their website is still up but it appears the last game they released was Way of the Samurai 3 in 2009. I can't find anything about them going out of business but it appears to have happened and their forum is pretty dead.

Edit: Upon looking some more, they appear to have released some 3ds games digitally.
    I've also tried to research them without much luck. Maybe they just don't put much on their website because there were indeed a handful of recent games. They had a tons of games in the PS1 and Dreamcast era, and some of them were among the DC's best fighting games (SNK Fighters like Last Blade 2, KoF 99 / Evolution, Mark of the Wolves. Then they brought over some Armored Core stuff on the PS2 and moved onto the DS and 3DS with shovelware and less interesting titles.

Outside of the two major From series (KF and AC) they really scraped the bottom of the barrel when it came to PS1/2 games. Some of the stuff they released...you really just have to see/play it to believe it tbqh. I'm sure they were making money but yeah...

Here is their page on gamefaqs for anyone curious: http://www.gamefaqs.com/features/com...591-agetec-inc

Side note: Some of their releases are pretty damn htf now. Nothing is too expensive because most of them are so bad but I will laugh if some end up becoming highly collectible due to rarity later on.
    Last edited by Gypsy; 08-24-2014 at 10:51 PM.
    Bad media connoisseur and frequent avatar changer.